Require Entry for Submission?

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Require Entry for Submission?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brady
    Participant

Looking at our monthly SLP report there are quite a few people who don’t enter anything in the search criteria and then click the search button. How I can disable the search button until something is entered in the search field?

I have Geolocation enabled, but if I don’t put in anything in the search field, and submit a search, it shows me results for Southeast Asia on both my laptop and mobile. I’m in Northern California, USA and have already enabled permission for the website to access my location.

http://www.artashair.com/choosing-artas/find-a-physician/

Cici
    Keymaster

Not sure of what you want them to see for intended results if they dont enter anything, but this is how I have done it ;
    if you use the Search Placeholders, with text for what you want them to put in for address,for instance I typed into the placeholder box “enter address or zip code required.”

in my Enhanced Results labels section I added in the label box for No Results Manager the verbiage “enter zipcode and try again” when no results found.

I have checked off Immediately show locations and I have checked off Disable Initial directory…so that no listings show up unless they have entered something in the search box.

My initial search radius is fairly wide so that it reflects the entire US.

I hope this helps.

Cici
    Keymaster

Brady, you have a two part question. The second question has to do with the place your map shows if they just select show locations. If that is a separate question, i.e. why does the map always go to southeast asia could you clarify under the forum tag that best identifies your issue.

Brady
    Participant

Fantastic suggestions. Thank you!

I leave Immediately Show locations enabled so the points show on the map, but have Initial Directory disabled, so it doesn’t show listings.

Brady
    Participant

I just implemented your suggestions and it partially works. However if a user leaves the search field blank and clicks the search button it still shows results in Southeast Asia for some reason instead of “no results” page.

Cici
    Keymaster

All I can say is “ugh”? I recall seeing this on something I was testing, but cant recall the solution I came up with. Did you find a work around? Do you recall when you saw the issue? Was it a recent problem?

As a side note: You will be happy to learn that there will not be a new system for “on demand” enhancements in the premier subscriptions package. Hopefully this will alleviate the issue of getting more than what is asked for . Some customers request additional features that are incorporated in releases and,as you have noted in previous posts, can “break” a different feature for someone else. The testing is rigorous but with so many lines of code and updates there are bound to be issues.

I know this doesn’t answer your question and I do apologize. Keep us posted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.