Retina for Custom Marker Icons

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Retina for Custom Marker Icons

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Simon 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Simon
    Participant

Any suggestions for having retina-friendly custom marker icons?

eg. here

Cici
    Keymaster

sorry, I do not understand your question.   What is retina friendly? Your markers are eye bugger-outs if that is what you mean.  The ICON sets are free with the base PlugIn

Cici
    Keymaster

ICON SET

Additional Icons to choose from

Simon
    Participant

I’m not sure what “eye bugger-outs” are, but anyway..

My point is that I would like to use my own custom icon (an icon I made myself). But when I load an icon it is not at retina resolution:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="246"] Map is sharp. Icon is not sharp.[/caption]

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, I understand your question now. Are you using CSS to modify the map? I do not know what you have running or add-ons or version. If you could please include that information (read plugin environment information needed here: Read Posting guidelinesit would help. The icon that you show,the size on map in comparison to the area seems large for the map that’s what I meant, but it is only my opinion not an issue. I personally do not know enough about the graphics side of things to be able to assist you with that.

Simon
    Participant

Thanks for responding Cici,

I have Pro Pack and Enhanced Map. I’m not using CSS on the map itself, only the results.

Yes, the icon is a bit large. I’ll design it better, make it smaller once I sort out the retina issue.

When researching the issue I found an article, but it requires being able to modify the JavaScript involved when creating the map. Perhaps there’s a way of doing that without modifying core files?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.