Returned locations formatting is incorrect

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Returned locations formatting is incorrect

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mona
    Participant

<span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;”>I have a WordPress website with the latest WordPress installed. I have Store Locator Plus Version 4.2.43 and Store Locator Plus : Pro Pack Version 4.2 installed. I imported new addresses to my database using a CSV file. The load seems to work well and I can see all my locations in the admin locations tab. I then search for the locations on my page using the Elogics Compatible theme:  http://www.simplyeight.com/locate-stores/.  I also tried a lot of the other themes to see if that helped. </span><br style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;” /><span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;”>I tried a few different searches but always get strange formatting of the location data (ex: search for zipcode 49015). The resulting location data is then displayed with a lot of extra blank lines. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. From the instructions, I thought the formatting would be pretty automatic.  But I can’t get rid of all these blank lines. Is there another plug-in I need to change the formatting? Any advice? PLEASE HELP!</span>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster
    1. Login to the admin panel in WordPress.
    2. Go to User Experience.
    3. Click View.
    4. Select the SLP plugin theme you want to use.
    5. Click Change Layout.
    6. Click Save Settings.

Does that help?

If not you may need other add-on packs depending what plugin theme you are using.   Most will work best if you have “The Experience Package” which includes Pro Pack, Enhanced Map, Enhanced Search, and Enhanced Results.

Pro Pack and Enhanced Results are the two that have the most impact on the results layout.

Keep in mind your WordPress theme can override the plugin theme CSS rules which may require further customization to make the plugin output fit within your page layout.

Mona
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

I had already tried the steps listed above with no luck. How can I tell if I have a problem with my theme overriding the plugin’s theme or if I need to purchase enhanced results? If I already have the Pro Pak can I just buy the Enhanced Results or would I need the Enhanced items as well? THANKS! I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Mona
    Participant

I was able to solve this problem by purchasing enhanced results and modifying the CSS code for the results layout. Thanks for your help.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Mona,
    That is fantastic, thank you for updating your post with the solution. If you love the SLP plug-in, please consider giving it a five star rating in WordPress directory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.