Search By Name Not Working At All Now

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search By Name Not Working At All Now

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer
    Participant

Hello,

I have attached screenshots to show that I have the most current version of WordPress, the most current versions of SLP/Add-Ons and the PHP version.

Location Page: http://stratos.kiwicreative.net/find-an-advisor-2/

*Note – I am using the SLP plugin as a “advisor” search. Even though these are people and not store locations, the information is basically the same as a store, just using a persons name instead of a store name. So functionality shouldn’t be affected from the fact that they are people and not stores.

When I first installed Enhanced search, the search was working fine. Then after updating the plugin and couple of the add-ons, the search function is not working correctly.

The search by name does not work at all. I will copy and paste the name exactly as it shows in the results, but returns “No Results” for any search I do by name.

On a positive note, the search by address seems to be working just fine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

I changed my Experience to Search by Name, added a label “Name” for the search form, entered the name of something in my area that was also in my data set and it worked fine for me. So I was not able to replicate you issue.

What are your search settings?   Do you have a radii setting for default? When you searched was the name of the person within the radii?

I then  visited your site, I denied “allow your location” I typed in the Name Dietz into the search box and it came back with Donald Dietz. I refreshed and  typed in next search just Donald and it came back with Donald Dietz .

I typed in Matthew it came back with Matthew Creswell.

I typed in John and no results  came back,, assume there is no John close to y Location?

Was there supposed to be something else coming back ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.