Search By Name & Search Box On All Pages

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search By Name & Search Box On All Pages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lasbat
    Participant

Hi

I recently purchase the Store Locator Plus Plugin a long with some add-on plugins.  But what I need to know is:

1.  How do I allow users to ‘Search’ by Name?

2. I would like to add a ‘Search Box’ for this plugin on every page, so users can search from any page within the website and once you submit your search, it redirects users to the main ‘Store Locator Page’ for which it will display the results?

Please advise on what I need to do to resolve my two issues.

Piani
    Participant

Hi Lasbat

You need to provide information abut your SLP environment to get a correct answer. You find it under SLP > Info > Plugin Environment tab. Read more on the forum guide.

Regarding search functon in WordPress you can read my information in this thread.

To get a SEO friendly search you can use SLP addon Enhanced Search and can combine this with Pages. But you also need to improve search in WordPress with search addons.

Hope this is answer to you question, else please return.

Cici
    Keymaster

Search by name is a feature of Enhanced Search  You can use Widgets to redirect but there is no Search by Name Widget in SLP. The Widget will allow for search by state and will redirect to a map.  As far as the other “placing search on each page”, that might be a customization theme or the use of CSS and templates as Pianni suggested.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.