Search Function not working on mobile site

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search Function not working on mobile site

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Stephanie
    Participant

My company is using a ProPhoto theme and when I set the site to enable the mobile version the search function never brings anything up. It works via the desktop version but not the mobile version. I upgraded the plugin and made sure the force javascript was unchecked but so far nothing I do is working.

Find Retailer Near You!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

Could you provide your Plugin Environment, and what  SLP style you have selected under the Experience/View. Are you using a specific Browser or are you testing it across varied browsers?  Some  Store Locator Plus style work better with responsive themes than others.

Stephanie
    Participant

Thank you for your response! Here is the info. I appreciate your help 🙂

My SLP style is Clean White Simple

I attached a screenshot of the Plugin Environment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Try a different SLP style. I do not know if the WP theme you have installed is responsive or not.

Stephanie
    Participant

I am using the WP theme ProPhoto5. I tried several different SLP styles and got the same result

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not know if your WP ProPhoto5 theme is responsive. I do not know all the variables, we prefer Divi themes, they seem to be very versatile, work well with SLP  and are responsive.

Have you checked if it is working on Android, apple,  ios?

Stephanie
    Participant

We don’t have a Divi theme and we cannot change it now. The theme has a mobile option but I don’t think its natively responsive. ProPhoto6 is coming out and is natively responsive but it’s still in beta testing. I really need to find a solution for this now. I was under the assumption that this plugin would work on mobile sites and I have spent countless hours putting the info in only to have it not work. It works fine on the desktop just not on phones…android or apple

Cici
    Keymaster

your  Word Press theme  can override some of the CSS settings inherent in a Store Locator Plus “style” s. With well over a thousand WP themes, each developed and modified by different authors, developers and entities, who may or may not updates on a regular basis  , it would be impossible to have individual locator layouts built into the SLP plugin, it isn’t one size fits all, there is coding and shortcodes  to output various “styles:

There are themes and other plugins that have versions with outdated jquery  and that can effect the outcome of how the plugin will work and display as well.

You can modify the search or page layout with ProPack and you can customize the layout, the size, with css

SLP Big Map plugin style,was tested on mobile devices  for a directory for Word Camp Charleston in 2014 . (see blog)

Stephanie
    Participant

I am still having no luck. The locations come up just fine but they look terrible and are completely spaced out. It also does not work at all on the mobile site still…. I know that the theme can change how the plugin is laid out but I don’t even know where to start to change the css…I am completely disappointed with this plugin. I have wasted so much time.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,
    Understand your frustration, CSS is not for the faint of heart. But as mentioned, your WP theme responsiveness is the biggest factor in why you arent able to get the desired effect.
    Lance has put together some fairly easy to follow Tutorials about using CSS. Under documentation page there are videos and other documentation. Also you can change the Locator Layout with ProPack by reordering it. If you have recently bought ProPack, please contact us if you are not able to use it to your satisfaction. I could not find an order for you by your name. If you find a better solution elsewhere,. please contact us and let us know so we can improve.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.