Search function not working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search function not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Nep
    Participant

Hi,

I am using a free version and it seems the search is not working at all – http://www.galleriaimports.com.au/stockists/

Thanks,

Nep

Nep
    Participant

Also, when you change the label from Zip/Address to Postcode it’s not saving as well.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have a Google MAP API KEY?  As of June 22 this year that became a requirement.

See the authors BLOG

you can log into the Google devloper console to get your MAP API key

Could you please post your plugin environment with versions next time you post.

webprom
    Participant

@cici

In the field for api key you specify that it is a server key, but in reality it works only with browser api key.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  webprom.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification.  Google changed the verbiage from 2 years ago.   The setting label and help text has been changed for SLP 4.5.09.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I am not having the issue with the Search Label not saving.    If you are still having issues please test the 4.5.09 beta release as published on this site.     This has not been tested yet and is not for use on a production system:

Store Locator Plus PRERELEASE

Paul
    Participant

As regards my pending issue on the split thread, I concur with the observations of webprom above.  I have experienced the same thing:

“…>but when i reloAd page with location entered, it shows location related shops). Both sites are on same server. So it may be PHP version issue”.

I am observing the same exact symptoms. If you allow it to read your geolocation, the initial set of results comes up.  If you try to enter a zip code manually, you get nothing.

I will double post this reply here and in my split thread.

NOTE: Rather than moving forward to a prerelease version, can you possibly provide me with a download of the previous version that was working?

Thanks.

Paul

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Paul.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, You can download any version of SLP from the directory but Lance is fixing the issue regarding the php versions 5.4.  If your host/ server has higher version of php available that is also an option whereas WordPress recommends 5.6 now

If you follow that link they have the verbiage to use when requesting the PHP version…eventually the older php may be unsupported, hopefully no time soon but I am guessing this could occur

(They have this on that page regarding requirements)

To run WordPress we recommend your host supports:

PHP version 5.6 or greater

MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater

That’s really it. We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and feature-ful server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do. That said, we can’t test every possible environment and each of the hosts on our hosting page supports the above and more with no problems.

Note: If you are in a legacy environment where you only have older PHP or MySQL versions, WordPress also works with PHP 5.2.4+ and MySQL 5.0+, but these versions have reached official End Of Life and as such may expose your site to security vulnerabilities.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.