Search results stopped working after update to 4.1.28

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search results stopped working after update to 4.1.28

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dennis
    Participant

Search results no longer display after upgrading from version Version 4.1.25 to Version 4.1.28. Everything was working immediately before the upgrade. I did a test right before the update. Can I revert back to version 4.1.25 by just replacing the plugin, or do I also need to restore the database?

sgperry
    Participant

hi, I have the same problem. Search has stopped working since I did the upgrade.

When I enter a search value, the results are shown based around the home location, not the search term I entered.

When will you be releasing a fix?

cheers Sue

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Try the attached version.  As soon as I get a few more confirmations it fixes the issue I will publish it via the WP directory.

/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/slp4-5.zip

That should come up as SLP version 4.1.29.

Post back here to let me know if this fixes the issue or not.

Josh
    Participant

This fixed my issues! Though it seems a little slow on loading.

fortfort
    Participant

Yep i have now no problems anymore with chrome. But loading search results is taking 10 seconds. Somehow after the last updates the few months results take a second longer to show

Cici
    Keymaster

Not being of the technical  persuasion, I can state that I am having a lot of delays using google chrome in general . I dont know if my  internet company is slowing everything down but I wouldn’t doubt it after reading the whole Net neutrality issue.

Follow Lances Blog:for some useful INFO

/configuring-apache-connections/

/mindset/news-and-info/

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Yes, Google and Chrome have been VERY SLOW lately. I’ve even started using Bing searches because of the “Google Lag”. Not sure where is going on over there lately but I think they may be collecting too much “big data” for their own good.

If you can post a site URL I can check load times of individual components on your site via the browser developer tools and see if there is something that can be done in the plugin.

The updates to the software should have little/no impact on overall performance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.