Search Widget Country Problem

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search Widget Country Problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Christian
    Participant

Hi,

we bought the Experience Pack. So we can automatically add the Country “Austria” to the user input.
    Works fine in normal search. But we also have to use the search widget.

If we use the Search widget and the user puts in “1020” which ist a discrict of Vienna/Austria the map jumps to “Laos”… Very bad…

Any suggestions how to fix that?

thx

Chris

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide the information requested in Posting Guidelines

The basic SLP search widget  is not intended to work the way the discrete search filter or Append country functions work  in the  EXPERIENCE ADD-ON .  It is a very basic search and does not have any of the filters that you have assigned to it. That is why two other Widgets, by state and by city were added to the SLP WIDGETS, so that you can fine tune the search form

I would use the search by cities widget, that will then load the map with all the listings from your site in that area based on radius, and have the discrete filter with zip search on that map page. When they are redirected to the map page they can further add the district (postal code)

Christian
    Participant

Hi,

thx for your reply. We have bought the Experience Pack because this feature is a must have.
    We have no other options in our project. We have to use the search widget.
    Could you provide an offer for customizing the search widget to use the append filter?

thx a lot

Chris

here is the info:
    <div id=”wpcsl-option-plugin_environment” class=”group subtab_plugin_environment subtab settings” style=”display: block;”>
    <div class=”inside section meta-box-sortables”>
    <div class=”section_description”>
    <div class=”left_side”>
    <div class=”content_pad”>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Store Locator Plus:</span>4.6.5
    <span class=”label”>Erfahrung:</span>4.6.5
    <span class=”label”>Site URL:</span>*
    <span class=”label”>This Info Cached:</span>1479394344
    <span class=”label”>Network Active:</span>No
    <span class=”label”>WordPress Version:</span>4.6.1
    <span class=”label”>PHP Version:</span>5.6.26
    <span class=”label”>MySQL Version:</span>5.7.15</p>

<span class=”label”>PHP Limit:</span>1024M
    <span class=”label”>WordPress General Limit:</span>40M
    <span class=”label”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>1024M
    <span class=”label”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>47 MB
    <span class=”label”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>40M</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”content_pad”></div>
    </div>
    </div>

Cici
    Keymaster

Christine,

I do not know if there could be a work around but you would have to contact the developer to inquire about a customization project. The developer will ask you for specifics about your theme, design and how you ultimately want the customization to work, if it is plausible you will be provided a quote and a timeline..

Please use the contact form under Paid Customizations.

Cici
    Keymaster

In the meantime I have identified the best I could how you described the situation and added it to the issues project board

Christian
    Participant

hi,

we made a jquery workaround on submit..
    all other things should work finde now..

thx

Christian != Christine 😉

PS: I think this should be an issue for new updates to make your plugin even better…

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, (that should be safe) woops

alias christine, alias Christian…

I did add it on the watch board for Lance , we always appreciate suggestions on how to improve the product line.  Thanks for letting us know that you came up with a solution! Bravo.  (if you have time and appreciate the support and like the base (free) SLP feel free to leave a five star rating on WP SLP review

OR, if you do not think we warrant a 4 or 5 star and/or want to tell on me for screwing up your name  please do NOT leave me a bad rating on WP and instead send an email to support so that I can give myself a firm slap on the wrist.

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.