Side-by-side layout not working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Side-by-side layout not working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

Starting a new thread for this (old one at https://www.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/css-changes-or-changes-in-visual-settings-do-not-update/#post-37601) by request.

I’m trying to use the “Beside Myself” layout, but the CSS doesn’t appear to match the DOM layout. Specifically, the CSS is trying to style side-by-side divs for the map and the sidebar:

/*---------------------
    * Entire SLPlus UI
    *---------------------*/
    div#sl_div {
    position: relative;
    height: 400px;
    width: 100%;
    }

/*---------------------
    * Left Column
    *---------------------*/
    div#sl_leftcol {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    padding: 0px;
    width: 66%;
    }

/*---------------------
    * Right Column
    *---------------------*/
    div#sl_rightcol {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    right: 0;
    padding: 0px;
    width: 31%;
    }

–But there is no “sl_leftcol” or “sl_rightcol” in the DOM under sl_div. So the two-column layout won’t ever work.

It seems odd that “sl_leftcol” and “sl_rightcol” are #id selectors, not .class selectors. I would have thought that the JS would add the “sl_leftcol” class to #map and “sl_rightcol” to #map_sidebar” (and those classes would be styled as in the CSS I quoted), but it’s not doing that.

My plugin environment:

Store Locator Plus Version:4.4.10

This Info Cached:1452784058
    WordPress Version:4.3.2
    Site URL:--

MySQL Version:5.0.96
    PHP Version:5.3.24

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:5 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:33M
    PHP Modules:

I don’t know whether I have ProPack installed (I inherited this project from a previous dev and I have very little context). I don’t see anything by that name in the plugins list.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Brian, I answered on the other post, oops.
    Anyway, Update to 4.4.17. If it was a very old install and the other developer never reinstalled ProPack when versions 4.2.09 or above came out then it might not be there. You would be able to tell if you access the account if it was ever purchased and if you have download permissions But when you mentioned the CSS rules if you are applying it to the SLP plugin styles, that is a feature of ProPack. If you are doing it outside of ProPack in your own theme I am not sure how we can help.Addons

Some of those Plugin Styles are outdated. Beside Myself Again under view should show you the locator view layout with the new SLP 4.4 views and updates so you can see where the fields are, or try out some other styles to work with whichever WP theme you have installed

I added the link to the Plugin styles pages in the documentation.

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Brian

There have been some new updates to the results layout in 4.4.18 +

You didn’t mention your WP theme but info about the Beside Myself basic layout :

Map on left, Search and Results on right. Simplified search layout only supports basic search form options. Recommended for WordPress themes with no sidebar, such as Twenty Twelve’s full width template. Primary colors: blue, orange. Supports Enhanced Search Search Form Title. Supports Premier Bubble Footnote.

Learn more about changing the Store Locator Plus UI with plugin styles. View the documentation for more info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.