Site navigation no longer working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Site navigation no longer working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

I successfully installed Store Locator Plus to my site and it looks great. However I now find that my site menu does not work when you click on a link. It does, however, work when you refresh the page after having clicked the link.

This is certainly strange and is something that has occurred as a result of installing SLP.

My site is a wordpress site, Pixel Entity theme called OneUp. The site is fix organic.com.au

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Provide the locator URL please.

Store Locator Plus will not modify the menu structure on the public site.    It is likely a problem with a conflicting script on the site but I am not seeing anything obvious.

What browser are you using?

Adam
    Participant

Hi Lance,

thanks for getting back to me. The URL for the store locator is http://fixorganic.com.au/#stockists

I am using Safari, but I have also used Firefox and Chrome with the same problem. I have deactivated store locator and the problem corrects itself, so there is definitely a conflict between the theme and SLP.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I see that your WP Theme is “stacking the pages”, creating divs wrapping the page content and putting them all into a singe long page.    I love that design style something that works great on mobile and desktop IMO.

What I am NOT seeing on the page you provided is the ID tags that should accompany each section of the page so the #Ingredients can find and scroll down to the Ingredients section.

It looks like the WordPress Theme you are using is having issues parsing deeply nested HTML structures that are created dynamically, like those coming out of Store Locator Plus.   For some reason, either due to the depth of the nested HTML structure or because the page content is rendered last-minute using nested short codes, the WordPress theme appears to be having a problem and is stopping short of adding the identifier elements in the regenerated HTML structure it is creating.

The other possibility is that I just plain missed finding those identifiers in the HTML code, but they are not coming up in my dev tools or by a visual search of your page structure in areas I would expect to see them appear.    I see the menu structure reference to #Ingredients but is should appear somewhere else on the page.

I would contact the WP Theme author and ask for their input as well.    If they want to contact me they should feel free to do so as I’d like to learn what they are doing on work with them to make Store Locator Plus work on as many WP Themes as possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.