January 21, 2016 at 5:33 AM #37796
Hi all 🙂
Just installed the SLP + bought the Experience pack + the Pro pack. Everything seems to be running ok. But I ran into trouble when I tried to import my clients 668 retailers into SLP.
Here is what happend;
- Exported the retailers from old db to CSV and UTF-8 format with only 7 fields.
- Changed the 7 field names to the corresponding SLP field names (sl_*).
- Told the import dialog that the first row contains field names.
- SLP only imported 172 of 668 posts on the first try. This took about 20 minutes.
- SLP imported/added a total of 328 of 668 posts on the second try. This time I let my Mac run all night!
- SLP imported/added a total of 481 of 668 posts on the third try, which I run for aprx 10 min before interrupting it (by choosing SLP > Locations again).
- The imported posts seems to be ok and also have korrekt Geocoding (position) and all the data is imported to the correct fields (sl_*).
I belive I will eventually get in all 668 posts of retailers, but this is not the way it’s supposed to work – right? What if I next time have to import 1000’s of posts…
Anyone had the same type of trouble? Any suggestions or tips on how to solve this?
BTW – tip to the developer:
The GUI for the import could be improved a lot with just send a “ecco” back to the Usr screen for every post imported. Just to show progress is actually happening…January 21, 2016 at 5:49 AM #37797
- 5.1 SLP imported/added a total of 515 of 668 posts on the 4th try, which I run for aprx 10 min again before interrupting it (by choosing SLP > Locations again).
- 5.2 SLP imported/added a total of 641 of 668 posts on the 5th try, which I run for aprx 10 min again before interrupting it (by choosing SLP > Locations again).
- 5.3 SLP imported/added a total of 668 of 668 posts on the 6th try, which I run for aprx 10 min again before interrupting it (by choosing SLP > Locations again).
- Import is finally complete!
Writing this update (debug) mostly to help finding the problem. Possible bug maybe?January 21, 2016 at 6:39 AM #37800
If you first don’t succeed – try, try and try again… 😉January 21, 2016 at 12:58 PM #37808
I will put this on the developers radar. Did you have a chance to review the Import Large Locations or the General Settings Server to server and Geocoding section, did that provide you solutions? Another area to check on PhP (see troubleshooting)
If you want to send us your csv file to support confidentially we can review it for youFebruary 2, 2016 at 9:38 PM #38289
The issue is a PHP processing timeout limitation on your server. This can only be changed by a system admin that can change the php.ini configuration and restart the web server. This is done as a security issue on most web servers. There are multiple posts on location processing, the import, and setting server timeout. There is a setting in SLP 4.3+ for servers that allow web-app manipulation of processing time allowed, but most servers are not configured for this, again due to security issues with such an option.
Yes, the CSV import interface needs to be better. It is on the radar for this year and is something myself or the team I’m working with on revising the WP plugin and building out the SaaS service are planning to tackle at some point in the not-so-distant future.February 3, 2016 at 2:56 AM #38290
Thank’s for taking the time to explain this and I am the admin of our web- and mailservers. This time I managed to import the clients data in “chunks” as described above.
Below is my current Apache / PHP / MySQL versions and basic settings, mostly FYI but I also wonder what PHP settings you would recommend to have the import run smoothly?
// ### Server Environment ###
Server Info: Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version: 5.4.16
PHP Post Max Size: 32 MB
PHP Time Limit: 60
PHP Max Input Vars: 1000
SUHOSIN Installed: –
MySQL Version: 5.5.44
Max Upload Size: 4 MB
About the Import / Export GUI
It’s good to know that a GUI upgrade is coming in the future. Let me know if you need any help – UI/UX is my expertise…
- This reply was modified 10 months ago by Peter Frandsen. Reason: Accidentally pasted in html-table instead of text about serverinfo
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.