SLP – Search Results

Home Forums Store Locator Plus SLP – Search Results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Melissa
    Participant

Please see my site: http://test.henkinschultz.com

If I use the search function on the home page and search for “Osage” I would think it would return results from the SLP plugin on http://test.henkinschultz.com/locations/  ?

Is the free plugin not compatible with WP search functions?

Using Divi theme, WP 4.3.1

Any help is appreciated.

Piani
    Participant

Hi Melissa. The search function in WP is a story for itself 🙂 I have asked the coders and the intention is to keep WP light (easy loading) and untouched with the thought of that different WP users want different functions and they can use addons to solve the behaviour.

So easy explained is that WP search is not searhing any added databases and will miss most of the content if you do not have any seach addons implemented.

To get the search to work easiest with SLP you ca use the addon “Pages” that add a searchable page with information and link to map for each location that both WP and Google (and other engines) will find.

Then you also can enhance WP by adding a search plugin like WP better search or Relevannsi.

So unfortunatley the WP standars search field will not help you if I understand your question correct.

Cici
    Keymaster

Melissa, What is your SLP Plugin environment? What do you have installed now? I am guessing that Piani has an idea of what you are looking at but since you are asking the question in the SLP forum and there are so many variations in your theme I do not understand what you are trying to do. There is an explanation of how SLP works in the documentation and Features.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.