SLP settings cannot scroll in wp admin area

Home Forums Store Locator Plus SLP settings cannot scroll in wp admin area

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant

Hi,

Ive found this morning that when i select the SLP plugin setting within my site admin that scroll is disabled throughout the left-hand and per-page menus of the entire plugin. Selecting any other plugin’s settings or WP directories does not exhibit this behavior. I have tested this new feature in multiple browsers on multiple pc’s since discovery.

I simply want to add a product tag to my search list and without scroll the setting is inaccessible.

Sure I can zoom out to maximum, but then I can no longer read anything?

WP 4.4.2

SLP 4.4.36

SLP Pro Pack 4.4.04

Tagalong 4.4.03

Any suggestions or workarounds welcomed.

Chris
    Participant

I am having the same issues with my admin section of SLP.
    <div class=”left_side”>
    <div class=”content_pad”>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Store Locator Plus:</span>4.4.36</p>

<span class=”label”>This Info Cached:</span>1459880586
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Version:</span>4.4.2</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Site URL:</span>http://oandohooch.com</p&gt;

<span class=”label”>MySQL Version:</span>5.5.45
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Version:</span>5.4.43</p>

<span class=”label”>PHP Limit:</span>256M
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress General Limit:</span>5142M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>84 MB</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>48M</p>

</div>
    </div>

Steven
    Participant

<div class=”left_side”>
    <div class=”content_pad”>
    <p class=”envinfo”>My Plugin environment info…</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Store Locator Plus:</span>4.4.36</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Pro Pack:</span>4.4.04</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Tagalong:</span>4.4.03</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>This Info Cached:</span>1459815269</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Version:</span>4.4.2</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>Site URL:</span>http://matisse.com.au/matissewp</p&gt;
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>MySQL Version:</span>5.5.48</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Version:</span>5.3.29</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress General Limit:</span>96M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>77 MB</p>
    <p class=”envinfo”><span class=”label”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>8M</p>

</div>
    </div>

Chris
    Participant

Sorry about the code post…my bad.

Store Locator Plus:4.4.36

This Info Cached:1459880586
    WordPress Version:4.4.2
    Site URL:http://oandohooch.com

MySQL Version:5.5.45
    PHP Version:5.4.43

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:5142M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    84 MB
    48M

Cici
    Keymaster

I still have the scroll function, and the sidebar is on the right hand side under the locations panel as well as every location.
    I also tested by going to one location to add a tag…was able to use both scroll wheel and side bar, scrolled to bottom of page to check that the ProPAck and Experience sections are appearing and select the ProPack tags and I do not have an issue …
    Something must be configured differently on your sites as opposed to my site.

I want to make sure I understand , you are talking about the ability to use your scroll wheel and the slide-bar on the Store Locator Plus plugin for instance on the Locations Tab , is that correct?

Chrome has been re-sizing a lot of the sites I click on as if I opened them with an android , in a responsive mode, so I had to go check my browser settings…if you clear your browser settings are you still having an issue?

I have a query in to the developer to see if there is any particular settings that he oe his team may have changed recently. He has been updating the look of the interface, but I have same versions installed as you doand am not experiencing the issue

Chris
    Participant

Cici,

Yes, you are correct. The mouse wheel and the scroll bar do not show/work within the admin panel for the SLP. I have included a screenshot of what it is doing in my admin. The top has a bar that comes down with the link to documentation. Very strange.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris
    Participant

Cici,

I can also create a temp admin user if that will help. Please let me know if you would like this and I can make it happen quickly.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Hmmm… did not count on other plugins sticking notices on the Store Locator Plus admin panel pages.    That is not very nice of them… but since so many plugins misbehave like that I need to address that issue.

Best practice is to show notices on admin pages you “belong to” or manage.  I cannot tell you how many WP Theme developers and plugin authors sent me “nice” email messages when I first started writing plugins saying “please follow best practices and don’t put your locator messages on other admin pages”.

I’ll see what I can get out there in the next update.   In the meantime you may want to find out what that message box is at the top and see if there is a way to turn it off.

Chris
    Participant

The notice is from an events plugin. It appears at the top of the admin on all pages. Supposedly their update of the plugin was supposed to remove this message, but…..not so much.

Steven
    Participant

I really have never used Chrome, (I use Firefox predominantly,) and I don’t have any kamikaze plugin messages at the top of my admin page either? I just get a scroll lock on the admin side bar and any static pages within admin of the SLP plugin. The locations page contents will scroll H and V (although greyed out for some reason?) However any other pages within the plugin are landlocked to what ever zoom level I enter and nothing more.

See screen shots…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

The developer has been working behind the scenes for the last 12 hours to fix  the cascading  scroll sheet. Pre release 4.4.37 you can test  it, we would appreciate it, he has tested it with his test suite

As always be careful if you test on a production site,  always have backup of your site

It seems to be a certain set of plugins and configurations that is triggering the event, not all will show an obvious rogue notifcation …it is difficult to test all variations , we test as many as possible on our test sites

Chris
    Participant

Cici,

I would be more than happy to test the pre-release 4.4.37. Where can I download?

Cici
    Keymaster

I will  send it to you,as  a zip file to you gmail account

Chris
    Participant

I will look for the package.

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

sent it

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Steven
    Participant

Awesome, thanks Cici and Lance. I will test this morning… Sorry for the delayed response as I am in Australia. Will update you all in due course.

Steven
    Participant

Awesome work, all fixed with 4.4.37. Thank you again!

Chris
    Participant

All looks to be working on mine also!! Thank you so much.

Cici
    Keymaster

YAY!

Cici
    Keymaster

If  you can give us a five star rating we would really appreciate it!  You can click oin the stars here.  If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org. A huge thank you from Lance

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.