SLP times out after first line *Multisite

Home Forums Store Locator Plus SLP times out after first line *Multisite

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Gary
    Participant

I have SLP installed on my wordpress multisite instillation and it has been working fine for most of my sites. Today i tried to upload a csv of only 500 stores and only the first line uploads. I used the same exact spreadsheet on another site within the same WPMS instillation and it uploaded the whole spreadsheet just fine. The server conf is exactly the same since it is a multisite, the plugin settings are also exactly the same. Why would my csv upload on one site and not the other when both sites have the same exact server and plugin config?

On the backend i looked in my uploads directory /slp/csv/ , the entire csv has been uploaded.

Gary
    Participant

I also deactivated all of my plugins (besides the store locator and store locator plus: pro pack), and switched themes……still nothing. I have the latest versions of wordpress, store locator plus, and store locator plus: pro pack.

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you provide just a little more information:
    Could you be specific about the Versions of SLP and ProPack. 4.2.xx? . 4.2.14? your Store Locator page url:

Has the import of CSV worked on another one of your sites that has the same versions of SLP and Propack?

I tested and did not have a problem uploading a file recently with 1500 locations as long as it was in the right format. I have heard that there are some issues with some versions of Microsoft excel adding semicolons and that is not supported in SLP.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/locations/bulk-data-import/

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/

Gary
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the reply.

I am running store locator plus version 4.2.60, and store locator plus: pro pack version 4.2.14.

I am running a multisite so it is the exact same plugin. Just to test it out, I imported my excel sheet into google docs and then exported it. Tried to upload again and it still failed.

After I hit import in the store locator, the page loads for about 6 seconds and then goes white. Nothing happens after.

Gary
    Participant

Sorry I forgot my page url: http://beaucoup.cameoezretail.com/retail-locations/

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary,

The ProPack 4.2.14 update was supposed to improve the bulk import.  I am not uber techie so cannot tell if it is a combination of server, php environment , etc….  or your file.

Did you try the debugging and read the resolutions to common  issues under the Troubleshooting link I provided?

To rule out CSV format issues and how it interacts with the plug-in could you attach an example of the CSV file.

Gary
    Participant

Here is a copy of my csv. This is the whole spreadsheet, i am breaking it down to 100 stores at a time when i try to upload it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary, thank you for the information. There are two more recent updates. First update to 4.2.62 for the base plug-in and then update ProPack 4.2.15 and see if that fixes the issue.

I will have someone on the technical team look at your CSV when they come up for air.

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary, Also need the url where the Store locator page you are having issues with resides.

Gary
    Participant

I updated both plugins yesterday and still nothing.

Here is the url

http://beaucoup.cameoezretail.com/retail-locations/

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary,
    Why is your first column blank? Your file loaded into my test site but the Name etc is all in the address line, everything is moved over one column. The format is not correct, the first column should be either sl_store or sl-id….the instructions were meant as an example not verbatim

There is a skip first ROW but not the first Column.
    Delete the first column,

Gary
    Participant

I have deleted the first column and it still doesn’t work. The first column is now sl_store, I have attached the spreadsheet.

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

All of your sites and the data loaded for me, even with the first column being blank. So the thing you will need to do next is to use the debugging tool. I am guessing it has to be an issue with your server, or javascript , PHP or a themes conflict. Did you use the debugging tool , or Firebug as outlined in the troubleshooting section of the documentation”

Start reading half way down under Map issues:

excerpts:
    “Store Locator Plus map rendering is managed by the slp.js JavaScript file. It sets up the communication with the built-in WordPress AJAX handler, admin-ajax. Your server must be setup to allow the built-in WordPress AJAX handler to execute.

If there are PHP problems with the plugin you will see them by surfing to your map page, then looking at the console tab in Firebug.”

Gary
    Participant

As I mentioned before I also got the spreadsheet to upload, just not to this site. Which is weird because this site is part of a multisite. I can get the same spreadsheet to upload just fine on other sites in my multisite.

Since it is a multisite the server config is exactly the same, so i can all but rule out a server issue. I can defiantly rule out a theme conflict because I tried to upload the spreadsheet on different themes, including themes that it has worked with for other sites.

I deactivated all of my plugins besides slp version 4.2.62 and slp: pro pack version 4.2.15. That rules out any conflict issues from another plugin.

Then I downloaded Store Locator Plus: Janitor to delete everything and start fresh, still nothing. After that downloaded the “debug bar” and “debug my plugin with debug bar”, and watched Lance’s video on using the debug bar. While using that tool there are no types of errors or warnings at all. I also tried firebug with the same result, no errors or warnings on the front and backend of the site.

At this point my client is getting really impatient, all I can do is create another site upload the spreadsheet there and iframe it into his site. That is going to be a tad bit inconvenient because he now has to manage another admin console just for his store locator. Hopefully this is a bug that gets fixed in a future update of the store locator plus pro pack. Ill keep checking back to see if somebody has a answer for this unusual problem.

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary,

Sorry that I have not been able to help you with this issue. Before  the technical team can delve into this further they need a snapshot of your plug-in environment.  I do not believe you have specified this in previous posts. I have attached what snapshot is needed:

/forums/

If you need admin. support or detailed you can request either email support or a higher level admin log-in support from Lance via the pull down menu. He will still need all the details as requested in the read this before posting:  /product/product-support/

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Gary, One other suggestion, which Lance found just recently during a private consult with a client.  For instance if you are trying to load and display multiple sites and display a multitude of locations  be sure your server  has enough memory .  He was able to  fix this  by using janitor and then deleting the one setting for “admin locations displayed”. Subject about  server requirements etc is also discussed in the Troubleshooting section.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.