SLP Transposh translation issues

Home Forums Store Locator Plus SLP Transposh translation issues

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.618em; color: #60646c; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19.416px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>I’m currently running SLP 4.3.18. and WordPress 4.3.1. I’m using the transposh plugin for auto translation for French users.  It all works great except the locations piece. Neither the location data in the bubble or the ‘sidebar’ translate to French. This is a serious concern because if SLP won’t translate, I have to scrap it and I lose a lot of time and money. I’ve included the link (in French)http://dev.webeffectual.com/clementia-pharma/fr/clinical-trials/participating-clinical-trial-sites/ and you can see none of the location data is being translated.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.618em; color: #60646c; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19.416px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>Hoping maybe I missed something? I’ve searched high and low and can’t see to find anything on this. Thoughts???</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.618em; color: #60646c; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19.416px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>Thanks!</p>

Cici
    Keymaster

Update to 4.3.20 for More information read here:
    There were some back end areas not translating.

SLP is part of the Translation WP

Christopher
    Participant

does that mean that is doesn’t work with transposh? Not concerned about backend translation, just front-end. i don’t see how translate WP would benefit my situation.

Christopher
    Participant

go here: http://dev.webeffectual.com/clementia-pharma/fr/clinical-trials/participating-clinical-trial-sites/ and you will see that all the data on the website is auto-translated to French except the slp location data. curious why it’s not translating…

Cici
    Keymaster

Chris,
    Transposh is an alternate WP plugin correct? What I have read, they are a Blog translator. So I am not sure how their interface works in a real time “search and replace’ on the fly for locations in your dataset.

SLP follows the Word Press developers guide and codex and translations.

To understand how SLP results works, when a visitor to your site performs a search, that query goes directly to Google and results come back “on the fly” SLP does not Translate your internal locations database. If you added a location and entered it University of Pennsylvania, Store Locator Plus is not able to translate the word University to the french spelling for University and wont change the address that has the word “street” which is part of the specific US address to “rue” for French.
    It will translate the “Find locations” or “address” or “name” and those fields that can be manipulated within the plugin itself using ENhnaced Search, Enhanced results etc. It isn’t going to translate the actual street name.

it appears you are using SLP to draw a map and list the locations that you have entered into the Locations manager and are not using it to produce a search form function correct? Some of your locations are in France, some in Italy, some in the US. The ones in US appear as the way you added them in English, the French locations appear as they were added/entered in French, etc.

please let me know if I have this wrong or I am not understanding the question.

Christopher
    Participant

transposh is the most widely used translation plugin for WP.  I actually found the issue.  It’s not that SLP can’t translate the content…it can but the problem is ajax.  The map data is displayed via an ajax call so it can’t be translated there.

It will require a hook inside the data structure to the transposh plugin which we’ll need to tackle.

All good. thanks for getting back to me.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know Christopher, I was going over this issue with Lance the other night. He said he works with WPML and WP on all the translation issues. Coolness. Let us know when you see it fixed there, so I can put it in my crib notes.

Christopher
    Participant

will do 🙂

i thought i found a temporary solution by using tagalong to assign manually translated content and then present a second map. One for English and one for French but I can’t get the French map to load. Looks like you can’t load two SLP maps on one page?

Cici
    Keymaster

Not searchable maps, no.
    For more information you can Search forums with key words, here is an answer from the develope (to another Chris)…it isnt about translations but does address the multiple maps on one page.

Cici
    Keymaster

Lances answer about the subject, the excerpt from the link I provided you in a bove reply…
    “You cannot currently put the interactive SLPLUS search form and map on the same page as an auto-created data-driven store page when you are utilizing the per-location map with the storepage map shortcode in place.

This creates two divs with maps and the Google JavaScript starts fighting with itself over which div you mean.

You either need to re-think your design or I’ll need to work on crafting a custom solution to allow a store page to host a full Store Locator Plus interface on the same page.

Maybe using Widgets with an address-entry search form that redirects to the standard map page will suffice?”

Christopher
    Participant

Thanks Cici. I actually tried this…but I found removing the search form shortcode prevents the ability to display maps by category.  When i removed the search form, the map seemingly ignored the category shortcode parameter and displayed all locations.

Cici
    Keymaster

You would need to have one map per page and use the separate shortcodes there. You cant have two maps on same page. You might be able to add a static map using the iframe method but not sure that will help you out. Enhanced Map will allow you to have more than one map. Multi Map would allow for separate settings but the developer isworking out some issues with DeBaat with integrating it so I am reticent to suggest that.

If you have more than one map and you can then use the Widget to direct you to that map (I have three maps on my test site but three separate pages…one is a widget that redirects to the Australia Map, I have a US map and A Costa Rica map. all mine are in English.
    Info about the Widgets

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Christopher
    Participant

ok got this working and for those that find themselves in the same situation, here’s what I did.

Transposh uses language abbreviations to return translations so…first, we manually translated our english locations to french.  With our two sets of locations, we added the appropriate slug to the end of each category.  category example:  my-cat-slug-en & my-cat-slug-fr.  then, using a little php, add this snippet <?php echo do_shortcode( ‘[SLPLUS only_with_category=”my-cat-slug-‘.transposh_get_current_language().'”]’ );  ?> where the transposh function looks for the language abbreviation. Now, when a user clicks the French language select option, the french version pulls up.

Cici
    Keymaster

Chris that is very useful thank you

And for any other users, working with WPML, A request from the developer.

” help me test WPML in the base plugin while I’m developing SLP 4.5.07 this week.

I’ll put out a prerelease soon.

Quick testing and feedback wanted.  I want to push 4.5.07 public before I go offline 06/20 for a week.”

:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.