Store descriptions in results listings

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store descriptions in results listings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bill
    Participant

Hi Lance.  I’ve looked through numerous support tickets for my issue but I’m just not getting anywhere.  I would like to show descriptions in the results listings output, I’ve used the following combinations of shortcodes.  I don’t know what it is I’m missing, but could sure use some help here.

‘[[slp_location description]]’

‘[[slp_description]]’
    <pre class=”theme_option_value”>'[[slp_location description raw]]’ <– Found that in the <span class=”theme_option_label”>Enhanced Map Bubble Layout

‘[[slp_location slp_description]]’

‘[[slp_location sl_description]]’

Now these shortcodes I’ve used were inserted into Store Locator Plus->User Experience->Results->Enhanced Results->Results Layout editor.

Is there something else I need to be doing here?

I’ve also looked through /documentation/store-locator-plus/user-experience/results/results-layout/ and tried to use ‘{18.description}’ but that didn’t work either.  Please help

</div>

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Bill.

Bill
    Participant

Help, anyone?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

There is an update coming to SLP 4.2.04 (or 4.2.05 when it goes to production, likely) that allows Results Layout to use Bubble Layout style formatting.    There has been some cleanup in the JavaScript process that may help resolve the issue.

In general {18.description} should work and with the new release [slp_location description] should work as well.

You may want to view the page source as rendered to make sure you don’t have a CSS rule hiding the output.     You can also use JavaScript developer tools in your browser to make sure the slplus variable in the slp.js script has results_string set the way you expect at run-time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.