Store Locator Plus Pro Pack legacy

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store Locator Plus Pro Pack legacy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jane
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a question in regards to legacy version of SLP Pro pack. I updated my version to 4.6.1 and I ran into some issues with the geo location. First thing I noticed was a distance field, this distances were set to 0. I figured this probably was something new to give slp a baseline to work off of. The problem that I ran into was that when I tried to set a default location by zip code and lat long on first automatic load it was not listening to my settings and falling back to the first id number from the locations CSV. I could tell it was falling back because I exported out the CSV to check the id numbers and it fell in line to what I was seeing.

When I would enter in the search location manually it would then search and find location correctly and work as expected so the issues I am having was with the initial load of the plugin. Also when setting it to find location and the pop up in firefox would ask for permission I would approve and still the same result it would default back to the locations by CSV id’s and completely disregard the fallback that was set in the plugin settings. I ended up reverting back to an older version of the plugin and it works as expected and the distance field is no longer there.

A few questions about all of this weirdness. I noticed that there was a power pack that is replacing pro pack. I would rather not have to spend the extra 200 dollars to get the functionality I need along with other features I might not want or need, could this possibly a bug in the program? Moving forward I would not want to run this on an outdated version because when I hand this to the client this could leave it open for problems in the future.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Jane

Cici
    Keymaster

its not a bug in ProPack but in  SLP 4.6. I believe. Lance noticed it when he was updating a new feature in  SLP and testing it in the back end .

He has published 4.6.2 , I have been ill and not following closely to what he has done, so please bear with me while I look at his change log read me text.

I will also provide him with the link to this forum post.

As far as handing over a Legacy version to a  customer. Pro Pack 4.5.07 works with 4.5.xx and 4.6.xx  of Store Locator Plus.   Only security issues will be fixed in any of the Legacy add-ons.  If they want additional  features they would need to get one of the other add-ons of course. Once you had it over I assume you will provide them with the account info and password so they can update as needed, ask questions in the forum etc. see EULA 

Jane
    Participant

Cici,

Thanks hopefully you feel better, let me know what you find in the change logs I will await your reply until I try to install 4.6.2.

Jane

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your kind words. Its been a tough couple of months but things are looking up.

🙂

here is the info about SLP 4.6.2

Lance is also working on 4.6.3 and an update to Power, you can see his Tweets as to some of the things he is working on and docs we are posting to the site.  Regarding the Price of Power, since you have bought at least one of the legacy products you would be offered a discount. Contact me at support@storelocatorplus.com and I will hook you up.  If you are developing for multiple customers, you should consider purchasing the Premier subscription.  It may seem like a lot but its not really, you can choose what to turn on and off, and that is the only place twhere new features will be added until MY SLP.com gets underway.  It would be a good investment, and Premier member get first response in Premier forums, that is where the developer answers the more complex questions.

You would also   have the option of what you provide for add-ons to customers  from the add-on  menu in your Premier subscription. Something to think about, you could give your customers some perks not found elsewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.