Store Locator Stopped Working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store Locator Stopped Working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Heidi
    Participant

It was discovered by a customer in the last week that our store locator page isn’t working. It returns no results or a random pin on the map which doesn’t match a location.

The Store Locator URL is http://www.ghyslain.com/find-our-products/

I attached the screenshot of the environment as requested.

Thanks!

Heidi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Heidi,

Did they update something or add something recently,  Look at  Troubleshooting section   under Ajax and other areas that will cause issues with the maps.

Also look at the other plugins they are running,  is another plugin or event listener on their site using Google Maps as well…

Just a quick look with Chrome Developer tools (you can do this easily as well, and there are videos under the Documentation page  about debugging under Documentation and links to debugging in Troubleshooting that are explained by the SLP developer)

A few apparent issues,

Their site is also using outdated js versions from their theme or another plugin

ERROR message (see this immediately when you turn on Chrome Developer tools and inspect that site url) :

js:85 You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

If you look at their sources you will see they have ajaxgoogleapis and then

mapsgoogleapis   listed twice.

Heidi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for your response.

I’m not sure why the page would call out the Google APIs twice. We have not altered the plugin files. Can you direct me to which of the plugin files might cause this issue?

Thank you,

Heidi

Cici
    Keymaster

Heidi,

Unfortunately you will have to do a  bit of troubleshooting.  I cant see what Plugins they have installed . You can try turning off / deactivate all the plugins except SLP and then add them back in one at a time to see when the errors occur.  They do not have Force Load Javascript on do they? See the Troubleshooting section, I provided the link above. you might have to do some sleuthing with your customer to find out what actions or plugins they have added.

Heidi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

With all other plugins deactivated, it still does not work.

I’m the only one here at Ghyslain who is handling the website. My coding experience (mostly PHP) is ages old by now. So I don’t know how to check the Force Load Javascript. I’m also not sure how to fix the double call to the Google API. Is this something you can walk me through or do you offer extended support?

Thanks,

Heidi

Cici
    Keymaster

You dont have to do anything special to check if the box next to “Force Load Javascript” is checked…go to SLP/GENERAL there are settings for ADMIN etc under the UI for Store Locator Plus.

For Both of those issues, check under General settings ,

P.S. I have not seen a PHP setting like you have in your screenshot..
    Issues with Ajax blocking , domains, Javascript, and PHP settings can be found under Troubleshooting

Heidi
    Participant

Force Load JavaScript is not checked.

I have not altered the PHP settings from install. Are you saying they are set incorrectly?

Cici
    Keymaster

Your Error message on that page js 85 reflects that something is indeed breaking the Javascript ,see the JS error 85. Theme issues perhaps, or domain.

“This site adds property < "+a+"> to Object.prototype. Extending Object.prototype breaks JavaScript for..in loops, which are used heavily in Google Maps API v3.”)};Gg=function(a){(a=”version”in a)&&window.console&&window.console.error(“You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.”);return a};_”

Cici
    Keymaster

In Troubleshooting there is a simple test to see if AJAX is blocked, to ferret out javascript issues etc.

Go to this page: Home / Support / Documentation / Store Locator Plus / Troubleshooting for more information.
    If you need the SLP developer to delve in to troubleshoot (not necessarily fix if it is something in your site like the theme or domain and not the plugin) it is a paid support option to login to your site as admin it is $300, so it may be much simpler for you to follow the debugger or read through the troubleshooting page to narrow it down.

Heidi
    Participant

The AJAX test returned “success.” I’ll see if there’s anything else on the troubleshooting page which will help even though I’ve gone through it already.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Heidi, SLP is version 4.4.26 now, No, I wasnt saying your PhP was causing it to break, just noting that Ive not seen that type of output before. I am not an expert in that arena by any means.

Heidi
    Participant

I’m on 4.4.26. 🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

Heidi,

Their site is still having JS errors  Troubleshooting JavaSCRIPT DEBUGGIN

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.