Store pages: author, date, comments bug

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store pages: author, date, comments bug

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Guido
    Participant

Hello

I would like store pages to actually create a page, not an article.

(In my theme) pages don’t have the byline (post meta) with the details “posted by author on date..”, the author box at the end of the article, the related articles and “more in this category” etc at the bottom and so on..

it seems that Store Pages actually creates articles, displayed using the articles template, but the store page really doesn’t need all those details: the Store Page should not use the articles template, but use a page template that only has the main text that is served by Store Locator (and eventually modified)

Any suggestions on how can I not display all that crap? (but still be able to display them on the website articles? that is the problem.. I know how to delete them from ALL articles.. but I don’t want to)

Also (BUG): in the settings I setted comments default as off, but when I create a page, the comments are always on.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Guido.

Guido
    Participant

Also, the byline (post meta) is not even displaying correctly in Store Pages. There is a line break between the author icon and the author name. Other posts in my template have a correct byline.

Using the is_post_type_archive(‘store_page’) function I’ve tried not displaying the byline code in single-post.php of my template, and failed.

It was working for any post type, but had no results for store_pages.

So.. it seems that store pages use a different template file, according to wordpress should be single{post_type}.php, but I can’t find any template file anywhere.

I can’t understand where Store Pages get their template. Please clarify. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Guido.

Guido
    Participant

Oh, by the way if you want to check one of the pages I have created with Store Pages:

http://www.couk.ascheri.net/professionisti/ammirati-rag-margherita/

from there you have links to other articles and see the difference in the byline (post meta) under the post title.

Thanks again.

Guido
    Participant

Hey Lance,

please let me know about this. I am developing this website for an important customer and I really need to get this plugin working fine, especially after I made them buy 2 of your plugin’s extensions.

So.. the simple question is: which file is driving the template for store pages?

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Guido,
    Did you check for the information provided under the Store Pages documentation page?

/documentation/store-locator-plus/pao-store-pages/page-template/

/documentation/store-locator-plus/pao-store-pages/

Which versions are you on for both Store Locator Plus and Store Pages?

Guido
    Participant

Hello Cici,

yes I know about those two. I’m not talking about the shortcodes that make up the “text” part of the post that is being created, that you call “page template”. I am talking about the actual page template that is a php code that creates the HTML page, which is the one inserting the byline in the page under the title.

While regarding the “comments bug”, I am aware of the setting, I did set comment default as OFF there, yet every store page I create, is built with comments ON by the plugin.

Please look into it, thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Guido, I will refer the issue to Lance. He had to pull an all nighter dealing with server issues so I cant promise he will get into this sooner but I will ask him for the short answer. Have you been using Store Pages for a while? Was this a new issue?

Thanks for your patience.

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you tell me which theme you are using?

Guido
    Participant

Thanks!

No, I just started using it lately, some 7/10 days ago, when we made the purchase for two extensions, so the issue appeared as soon as I started using it.

While the theme, we use Rush:

http://themeforest.net/item/rush-wordpress-blog-magazine-theme/5126428

Cici
    Keymaster

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/known-conflicts/#themes

Ok, the reason I asked is that there are some Known Conflicts with certain themes. Forest is one of them.

I know this is frustrating and I am trying to get you accurate information, as you probably know by seeing the posts on the CSA front page by Lance, he had an emergency problem with his server and has been working fast and furious to get everyone back up and running. Unfortunately since he is only one person, his premier subscribers are first in line to get their problems resolved and the premier forum gets faster response. I am not the expert on all the add-ons, plug-ins and am trying to help him on the administrative side. Not trying to put you off, am totally understanding of your desire for faster response and urgency.

CiCi

Guido
    Participant

Thanks, Cici. No problem.

The “comments bug” which makes the page being created with comments ON even if I set OFF is not a big issue, I can change it manually.

But the “page template”, is a bit more urgent, and my request is really not that complicated, I’d really just like to know which PHP file is driving the creation of the HTML page, so I can try fix it myself.

Should be single-post.php, and I tried editing that but didn’t work. Maybe the code is somewhere in a function and I can’t see it. Maybe it’s actually single-post.php and I did wrong. If I knew where to look I would be more confident about finding myself a solution.

I understand Lance being very busy but this information really needs a minimum time to be shared.. thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Guido.

Guido
    Participant

Still waiting.. thanks.

I tried to create the “single-slp_storepages.php” file, but that didn’t work either.

PLEASE give me some hints, this is really important. I have had my customer buy 100$ of your extensions and they are waiting for me to complete the website using them.

Guido
    Participant

Bump. Please note that I am not even asking for support here.. I am just asking for some info that should be in the documentation of the software. Also, I even did report a BUG, which is actually me doing a favour to the developer.

Can you please share a simple information that should have been given to the buyer already when he purchased the extension?

WHERE DO I GO TO MODIFY THE PHP SOURCE OF THE PAGE TEMPLATE THAT CREATES THE STORE PAGES?

The reply is very simple. I don’t think you really need to be paid 250+240 USD just to tell me that. I have asked this 15 days ago and I am totally ignored.

If I’m not getting a reply, I am going to go to my bank and request a total refund for the transaction.

Guido
    Participant

UNBELIEVABLE. The author enters daily to reply to other posts, BUT of course.. only to those that accepted the “extortion” of paying for support (included with more services that I totally don’t need).

I had my customer pay 100 USD for two extensions, which – for the average market prices – is already A LOT of money, and the author now wants 250 + 240 USD to give any help?

I am not even asking for support here.. just some little help in understanding how this thing works, as it is giving me problems.

Anyway, support should be (and usually is.. something like this NEVER happened to me in many years) TOTALLY free once you bought something and it doesn’t work as supposed.. I am TOTALLY IGNORED since almost 20 days now.

This is BLACKMAIL, Lance.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Every time you bump/reply to a post it changes the date.    I only have a limited amount of time to answer support request and I start with oldest-to-newest.   By bumping this you keep going to the “end of the line”.     The “squeaky wheel” paradigm does not work well here.

Store Pages are a custom post type.

The post type slug is ‘store_page’.   In the SLP code it is assigned the SLPlus::locationPostType constant for easy reference (useful to know if you are searching through code).

Those post type is registered with ALL SLP installs, not just if Store Pages is installed/activated.

Every location that is created, whether or not Store Pages is used, has a matching store_page post created.    This is so extended data like custom taxonomies can be managed.   Without Store  Pages you do not have direct access to the pages, but they are always there lurking in the background.     It is not active by default because it causes confusion on how to add locations and slows down WordPress if “fully on”.  Not good if you don’t need/want detailed location pages on your site.

The custom post type is setup in class.actions.php and uses the following attributes:

// Store Page Labels
                //
                $storepage_labels =
                    apply_filters(
                        'slp_storepage_labels',
                        array(
                            'name'              => __( 'Store Pages','csa-slplus' ),
                            'singular_name'     => __( 'Store Page', 'csa-slplus' ),
                            'add_new'           => __('Add New Store Page', 'csa-slplus'),
                        )
                    );

$storepage_features =
                    apply_filters(
                        'slp_storepage_features',
                        array(
                            'title',
                            'editor',
                            'author',
                            'excerpt',
                            'trackback',
                            'thumbnail',
                            'comments',
                            'revisions',
                            'custom-fields',
                            'page-attributes',
                            'post-formats'
                        )
                    );

$storepage_attributes =
                    apply_filters(
                        'slp_storepage_attributes',
                        array(
                            'labels'            => $storepage_labels,
                            'public'            => false,
                            'has_archive'       => true,
                            'description'       => __('Store Locator Plus location pages.','csa-slplus'),
                            'menu_postion'      => 20,
                            'menu_icon'         => SLPLUS_PLUGINURL . '/images/icon_from_jpg_16x16.png',
                            'show_in_menu'      => current_user_can('manage_slp_admin'),
                            'capability_type'   => 'page',
                            'supports'          => $storepage_features,
                        )
                    );

Since you appear to know something about pages and posts you will know that in WordPress “under the covers” they are both managed and configured the same way. A WordPress “page” is nothing more than a specialized post type.

Your WordPress Theme has a LOT MORE to do with how custom page types (like a store_page – note the capability_type setting above) are handled than the plugin that creates the custom page. Your theme can be designed to handle custom page types as a page, a post, or something completely unique. This is where creating a single-.php file comes into play and allows a theme to “do really crazy stuff” with a post or page type.

Maybe there is something wrong in my implementation of a custom page type, but there are some very “page-savvy” customers using Store Pages and they have had no major issues within their custom locator-based WordPress themes that they have crafted.

HTH.

– Lance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.