Store pages integration with WordPress Theme

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store pages integration with WordPress Theme

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

Hello,

I’m really enjoying your extensions and I think has a great set of features. However I am struggling with the creation of pages, specifically the integration with the theme I am using ‘Artbees Jupiter’. This may be a deal breaker if I cannot get it working.

My url is au.crctesting.com

1. When I generate pages of the locations, the page doesn’t have any of the theme’s settings in place, and doesn’t have any of the theme’s ‘on page’ settings available. Is this fixable?

2. Also, I would like to add the find a location search on a generated location page. Is this possible? I am using the following code for the Page Template, however I get the error “Store locator plus did not initialise properly”:

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][SLPLUS][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][storepage field=”store”]

[storepage field=”image” type=”image”]

[storepage field=”address”]

[storepage field=”address2″]

[storepage field=”city”] [storepage field=”state”] [storepage field=”zip”]

[storepage field=”country”]

Description

[storepage field=”description”]

Contact Info

Phone[storepage field=”phone”]

Fax[storepage field=”fax”]

[storepage field=”email” type=”mailto”]

[storepage field=”url” type=”hyperlink”]

[storepage map=”location”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

MY Plugin Environment is:

Store Locator Plus Version:4.3.08

Enhanced Map:4.3

Enhanced Results:4.3.01

Enhanced Search:4.3.01

Pages:4.3

Pro Pack:4.3.02

This Info Cached:1442838687

WordPress Version:4.3.1

Site URL:http://www.automasters.dev

MySQL Version:5.6.24

PHP Version:5.5.24

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:65 MB

PHP Post Max Size:128M

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Chris. Reason: Formatting included html tags as text!

Cici
    Keymaster

`Chris, I have identified issues with Pages to the developer and we are trying to troubleshoot, so all your information is greatly appreciated. I am not sure about your theme question, that may need to be answered by someone else.

As far as your Pages template, please reference this post by Nik who has been helping us identify the issue with the Pages shortcodes and templates. you reference the [storepage field=”url” type=”hyperlink”] Nik identified an issue and the fix with that field. Please refer to this forum post. It should provide you some guidance. Let us know

/forums/topic/shortcode-links-not-resolving-to-url-or-email/#post-34304

Cici
    Keymaster

Chris, could you  check to make sure any of your custom styles have been saved in the directory under WordPress and see if your CSS files* are there. SLP will make a backup copy of the css file here:

wp-content/uploads/slp/css

*Custom CSS file (cannot match name of existing file) should then appear in the  ./wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/css directory

When SLP is upgraded WordPress will delete everything in the store-locator-le plugin directory, including the custom CSS files.

After the update finishes, SLP is supposed to look for all files in the uploads/slp/css directory and restore them in the store-locator-le/css directory.

A couple things could be happening:

– The copy is not saved in the uploads/slp/css directory.    That can mean there is a security issue on your, or your customer’s server.    Ask them to look in that directory under WordPress and see if their CSS files are there.

– The restore process is not being called.    WordPress does not always call the activation/upgrade code the same way and this changed in WP 4.1.   I *think* my restore code is run every time, but I may need to investigate.   Get some info from the knowledgable customers and let me know about the copy in the uploads directory.

If this is not your issue regarding themes (do you mean WP themes or SLP Styles formerly referred to as themes?)

Please clarify  with examples about your first question.

Thanks for using Store Locator Pus

Cici
    Keymaster

Hello,

Update:

The Pages patch is in as a pre release 4.3.01, if you have a dev site, feel free to test it out and get back to us if you see any issues. It will go into production once the testing is done. Sorry for the Inconvenience.
    P.S. The more people that can test it the better.
    I tested it on my test site and the save settings works, but I am not a primary user of this add-on so please test if you can.

Thanks

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Chris –

You cannot currently put the interactive SLPLUS search form and map on the same page as an auto-created data-driven store page when you are utilizing the per-location map with the storepage map shortcode in place.

This creates two divs with maps and the Google JavaScript starts fighting with itself over which div you mean.

You either need to re-think your design or I’ll need to work on crafting a custom solution to allow a store page to host a full Store Locator Plus interface on the same page.

Maybe using Widgets with an address-entry search form that redirects to the standard map page will suffice?

Not quite sure what type of user experience you are trying to craft here.

Chris
    Participant

Hey Lance & Cici,

Thanks for your replies.

I like the idea of using the widget instead of the full SLPLUS – I’ll probably do this.

I am still having problems generating the pages correctly. I have updated to the latest SLP 4.3.13 & pages 4.3.02.

1. The single location’s map is not loading in firefox or chrome, it is in safari.  http://www.am.crctesting.com/store-pages/balcatta/

2. The template being used is the ‘Posts’ template. How do I make it use the ‘Pages’ template? Or is there a way I can make it use a custom template?

3. Cici referred to the following link, where you discuss that if I empty all of the page template field and save then the new default template should load. I don’t think this is working for me. This is the default template I get:

<span class=”storename”>[storepage field=”store”]</span>
    [storepage field=”image” type=”image”]
    [storepage field=”address”]
    [storepage field=”address2″]
    [storepage field=”city”] [storepage field=”state”] [storepage field=”zip”]
    [storepage field=”country”]
    <h1>Description</h1>
    <p>[storepage field=”description”]</p>
    <h1>Contact Info</h1>
    Phone[storepage field=”phone”]
    Fax[storepage field=”fax”]
    [storepage field=”email” type=”mailto”]
    [storepage field=”url” type=”hyperlink”]
    [storepage map=”location”]

Thanks for your help,
    Chris.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, that is the correct default template. If you are comparing it to the Pages documentation, that might not have been updated as yet. Did you look at the Firefox Firebug to debug? What error messages were reported if any?

There is a tutorial video on Pages and another on Debugging with Firefox if you are more of a visual type.

You can scroll down the playlists , on either  they are short youtube videos maybe 2-3 minutes

Chris
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for your reply. I was comparing it to the version in your previous link which has the “” removed. I’m also referring to the pages video “Pages 4.3.02 for store locator plus” which also has the “” removed.

I looked at the video you mentioned called Debugging SLP with Firebug. Are you aware the audio isn’t working on this video?

I had also watched the only video I could find on Pages, “Pages 4.3.02 for store locator plus”, which makes no reference to choosing templates as per my question:

<span style=”color: #60646c; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19.416px;”>2. The template being used is the ‘Posts’ template. How do I make it use the ‘Pages’ template? Or is there a way I can make it use a custom template?</span>

Cheers,

Chris.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, Search the forums and there are a few answers clarifying that Lance answered in previous posts about what is the WP post versus the SLP page. If the below doesnt answer your question I am at a loss as to what your question is I guess….but if you search the forum there are a plethora of answers to unique questions.
    Lance answered above on this post as well, was that not what you were looking for? Guess we are not understanding, here is more info.

/forums/topic/how-to-change-store-pages-default-page/

The post type slug for location “posts” is ‘store_page’.

It is managed in the base plugin in class.actions.php, class.location.php, and class.slplus.php in the indludes subdirectory.

The Store Pages add-on extends the functionality of the custom post type in slp-pages.php by registering the post type and hooking it into the base WordPress admin system.

Keep in mind this is only to keep track of category information and to manage/render the Store Pages. The location data itself is derived from the slp_locations table added to WordPress.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.