Tagalong Categories No Longer Mapped to Locations (and can't add)

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tagalong Categories No Longer Mapped to Locations (and can't add)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jamie
    Participant

Hi,

We noticed this week that all of our tagalong categories have been unmapped from our locations. In addition, if I try to edit a location and add it to a category I get the following error:

Store Locator Plus needs attention:

Could not update the custom page for this location.

Plugin Environment Data:

<p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Store Locator Plus:</span>4.6.4</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Pro Pack:</span>4.6.4</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>Tagalong:</span>4.5.07</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress Version:</span>4.6.1</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Version:</span>5.6.27</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>MySQL Version:</span>5.5.51</p>

<p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress General Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>WordPress Admin Limit:</span>256M</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Peak RAM:</span>24 MB</p>
    <p class=”envinfo” style=”font-size: 15px; line-height: 1.7; margin: 0px; color: #444444; padding: 0px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif;”><span class=”label” style=”background-color: #f0f0e0; display: inline-block; padding: 4px; text-align: right; width: 180px; margin-right: 6px;”>PHP Post Max Size:</span>10M</p>

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Jamie
    Participant

Plugin Data without markup:

Store Locator Plus:4.6.4

Pro Pack:4.6.4

Tagalong:4.5.07

WordPress Version:4.6.1

PHP Version:5.6.27

MySQL Version:5.5.51

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:256M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:24 MB

PHP Post Max Size:10M

Cici
    Keymaster

What custom page are you using? I cannot recreate your issue, I am running SLP 4.6.4 with your versions of ProPack and Tagalong and am not experiencing any issues.  WIthout your site url I cannot look at it and see what conflict you may have.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you also have Pages (Store) running, a screenshot would  be better than copy and paste. Clear your cache and see if that helps.

Jamie
    Participant

We are not using any custom pages – that is the error message from your plugin…

The front end of the site works fine – http://vireosystems.com/store-locator/

Jamie
    Participant

No, we do not have the store pages plugin installed. We have SL+, Pro Pack, and Tagalong

Here is the screenshot.

I should clarify that the front-end works except you can’t search by category anymore – it always says ‘no locations found’ because the categories are no longer mapped in the admin as described.

Clearing cache has no affect on the issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

I still do not understand  the “Custom  page for this location”  unless there is a limitation in your  user admin role and it is referring to the back end locations page.   I can ask the developer when he  is back from travel in a few days.

or

You can try reimporting if you have a back-up file of your locations.  Before updating. or using Janitor  make sure you have a back up of your site.  

Having said that,  this  was a suggestion  the developer gave awhile ago (but note  that person had the Power add-on and was working on a dev site)

Any locations that were imported prior to SLP + Power versions 4.6.1 may not have the necessary “category mapping data” that manages the checkboxes. If you have a mix of locations added BEFORE 4.6.1 with newer additions/updates then I suggest clearing your locations by deleting them from the Manage Locations tab “apply to all after choosing delete on the drop down” or via the free Janitor add on then re-importing the locations.”

P.S. I did see some jmigrate warnings on your site but I do not know if that has any effect on your site otherwise.

Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1

jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:45 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.load() is deprecatedmigrateWarn @ jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:45

jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:47 console.tracemigrateWarn @ jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:47

jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:45 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.attrFn is deprecatedmigrateWarn @ jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:45

jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.4.1:47 console.trace

Jamie
    Participant

I found somewhat of a workaround by using the bulk location editor to map the categories to all the locations again.

Here is a recap of the issue with some additional details. Hopefully the dev can fix or provide a fix that does not include deleting and re-importing all our data.

Issue:

– Cannot edit or manually add any locations. Receive the error message “Store Locator Plus needs attention: Could not update the custom page for this location.” (screen shot of error message attached)

– Can only add new locations by doing a file import

– All category tags were missing from locations

– Figured out I can re-categorize by using the bulk editor on the manage locations screen. These locations mappings now work on the front end search and show in the “categories” column in the admin, but if I edit a location they do not show in the category check boxes on the location details page.

– Under ‘Tagalong’ > ‘Store Categories’ in the admin, all the categories are listed but all show 0 locations mapped for each.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Jamie.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have mentioned it to the Developer.  Along with a snapshot of your error message and the error messages I discovered on your site.

This is his response: WordPress is blocking Store Locator Plus from updating it’s own store content.   It could be caused by any number of issues including moving the site to a new server but not moving ALL the necessary database pieces… like the wp_posts table with the store entries in it.   (most likely an incorrect transfer of content to a new site)

Could also be a permissions issue with another plugin / theme messing with WordPress Roles & Capabilities.

If you need help now cleaning up the site, please contact via paid support to get on the schedule of either the developer or if it requires additional work including properly migrating your database, then it will be handed off to Cyber Sprocket labs, our WordPress technical dev team including  3 WordPress Core contributors.  The team is well versed in server migration.

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Jamie

Were you able to pinpoint your issues?  Did you happen to migrate to a new server?  The developer is helping a customer who migrated or was trying to migrate to a new server and lost the tagging and categories due to the way the migration was done.  We will be posting a help / support blog providing some tips and troubleshooting cases and if we can gather info from people like you that would help as well.

Here is a brief explanation of the differences tags vs category options

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Jamie,  I came across an advanced topic that the author published some time ago that I believe will shed some light on your issue if you fall into the scenario. I have added the page in the new Docs site. it talks about the taxonomy and how WordPress assigns ids.

See if this sheds light or relates to your issue. https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/tables-and-category-data-system/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.