Tagalong – Filter some Categories from Drop Down Menu

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tagalong – Filter some Categories from Drop Down Menu

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joanna
    Participant

I am developing a surgeon locator at http://www.conformis.com/surgeon-locator-test/

We need to display tagalong badges with search capability for iDuo and iTotal, as you see, that functionality is currently working. Those two categories appear in the ‘Products’ drop down.

I also need to display some tagalong badges that do  NOT get populated into that drop down menu.

We want to award doctors badges based on how long they have been with the program, if they are part of a research group, etc. Those images will show up in the results, but will not be searchable as categories.

Any suggestions?

I have the following extensions:

• Tagalong
    • Propack
    • Storepages
    • Enhanced search
    • Enhanced results
    • Contact Extender

Joanna
    Participant

For anyone else with this same problem:

I was able to resolve my own problem by editing class.userinterface in the slp-tagalong includes folder. The function that begins on line 87 can accept an ‘exclude’ parameter in the array.

function create_DropDownForCat($parent_cat,$grandparent_cat=null) {
    if (!ctype_digit($parent_cat)) { return array(); }

$categories = get_categories(
    array(
    'hierarchical' => false,
    'hide_empty' => false,
    'orderby' => 'name',
    'parent' => $parent_cat,
    'taxonomy' => SLPLUS::locationTaxonomy,
    'exclude' => '66'
    )
    );

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I like that idea and LOVE that you provided the code.    It makes it a LOT faster & easier to create a new setting on the admin interface for Tagalong for “exclude these categories from the drop down selector”.

I’ve put it on my task list for the next Tagalong release… now to just get through my huge backlog of paid update requests so I can get to wish list items!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.