Tagalong – Marker Option Issues and Error Messages for Google Maps

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tagalong – Marker Option Issues and Error Messages for Google Maps

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having issues when searching via different category options on my store locator. I’ve assigned each category with a different coloured marker supplied by your plugin (not custom) but no matter which category I search for, the marker doesn’t change colour on the map – defeating the point of having a category function. I’m very new to websites so not sure what I’m doing wrong here! Also, you can see from the attached screenshot that there’s an error image appearing for each store in the category section (bottom right hand corner of the image) which appeared once I updated the plugin.

Unfortunately I can’t provide you a link to the website as I’m currently developing it on MAMP so it isn’t live. The plugin is fully up to date so there shouldn’t be an issue there.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Did you change one of the layout options?  To better assist you I would need your Plugin environment information

There is a link and explanation what we need in Looking for support

Mark
    Participant

Apologies for not understanding but what do you mean by layout options?

I’ve attached the plugin environment – Is there anything else you need?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I guess I assumed you had another Add-on since Tagalong interfaces with Pages, Enhanced results, etc.

There are ways to change the Search Form Layout, Results Layout, Map Layout when you have the Enhanced Versions of those.   Now I see you do not.  There is a difference between Markers and Icons, as I think you may have figured out.  As far as what is appearing on your map depends on search and results and map markers that you have selected as well as settings for tagalong Extended Data (rankings)

The Tagalong markers will not appear until you have performed a search. If you want custom markers to appear before searching that can be accomplished with Enhanced Maps

I cannot troubleshoot the error message because you did not provide the url where the map is located. I have never seen that script show up before. Under the General Tab do you have “Force Javascript” or “Turn off SLP Maps” checked?

For best results you do not want to check those boxes.

Under General settings is anything in Server or Admin changed?

See the Troubleshooting Documentation for more information :

Troubleshooting

Mark
    Participant

Hi,

Yes I assigned each category their own marker and icon – Both the icon and marker match so as to not be confusing! I have not used the ranking option as I don’t need it, but when I search for any category, the marker colour stays the same – it doesn’t change to match each category.

Apologies that I can’t offer you a URL as I’m developing the website on MAMP so you will not be able to access it at the moment. I’ve checked under the general tab and neither boxes are selected for ‘Force Javascript’ or ‘Turn off SLP Maps’

Under Store Locator Plus – User Experience, I changed the map domain from Unite States Maps to UK map – This altered the coloured marker that shows when I come to search. So rather that a green icon showing for every category search, now a blue icon shows for every search. This hasn’t solved the problem but it shows it’s contributing to the issue? The error message on the location list is still present – when I click on the error message it takes me to a blank page, not sure if this helps but thought it worth mentioning!

Thanks,

Sam

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Again Mark,

I have a question..I see in your first screen shot that the weird html in the right where normally directions or Links would be. I  think there is something else going on, either some special coding in your dev site ..or a Theme conflict issue or another plugin querying the mapping

…What other Plugins are you using? Try turning them off and see if you still see the error messages.

I wish I could look at it to troubleshoot

Have you looked in our troubleshooting guidelines?  I would suggest using the WP Debugging tool to see what is causing the interference.

Mark
    Participant

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It wont be long until the site is up and running so it might be worth me waiting and sending you a link to the site for you to view directly if that’s ok? Rather than me altering the plugins with the chance of causing more issues!

Many thanks,

Sam

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi, its not a problem, yes can wait but I am thinking you probably do not want the crazy html error messages appearing on your published site.

You can use the Debugging tool , it wont mess up your work but it should show you what may be conflicting. There is sometimes a development site that has added jquerycalls or  other  settings that disrupts the SLP plug-in.

If SLP has a bug the author/developer wants to know about them immediately, but if it is a conflict or another  developers coding it is difficult to troubleshoot.   If you do need specialized help/support you can request direct email support for one on one resolution.

Good luck and hope to hear good results when you have everything up and running

Mark
    Participant

Hi,

Which debugging plugin do you recommend?

Thank you,

Sam

Cici
    Keymaster

Troubleshooting

Above Link to the Troubleshooting section in the Documentation.

Link to the WP Debug my plug-in  under Products

SLP Tutorial video link for info on how to debug using Firefox

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.