Tags are not working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tags are not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Heath
    Participant

Hi, it’s over a year since I purchased the plug and have just got around to looking at it again.

I have the latest versions installed:

Store Locator Plus Version:4.2.16

slp-enhanced-map:4.2.01

slp-enhanced-results:4.1.14

slp-enhanced-search:4.2.04

slp-pro:4.2

WordPress Version:4.0.1

MySQL Version:5.6.17

PHP Version:5.3.28

PHP Peak RAM:54 MB

PHP Modules:

In the Store Locator Plus – Locations I enter “1” (without quotes) under the Pro Pack Tags section.

I add “1” to the User Experience | Pro Pack | Default Tag Selections and it is available in the drop down or radio button on the map.  But selecting “1” does not show any results.

(I know this didn’t work when I tried it 6 months or more, but hoping I have some time now to get this plugin working on my site).

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    H

Heath
    Participant

any thoughts anyone?  Not sure how long a response takes here?  I can’t move on with my site until I can get the tags working 🙁

DeBAAT

Sorry to hear it isn’t working.
    Have you tried to use “one” as tag, i.e. no digits?
    I’ve also tried to mimick your situation and it works on my test site.
    Can you provide more information, e.g. which shortcode settings do you use?

Another thing you might want to try is to use [SLPLUS only_with_tag=”1″] in a post or page to filter out the locations with “1”. Use the quotes to surround the 1 in the shortcode attribute.

Heath
    Participant

Hi @debaat

Thanks for the reply. I think I have misunderstood the tag function.

I was hoping to tag organisations with a specific “Regional Tag” eg. North, South, East,  West and for the user to just select a region and to see all map pins for that region.  It seems they have to enter something in the organisation, city field etc to get this information.  How could I achieve this?

(I had already entered text in the field, the example above was for ease of explanation)

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You can use tags for that but you need to set a very large radius for that to work.     Preferably with a hidden radius selector (Enhanced Search option) and a radius of something like 10,000 as the default.

There are other options with Enhanced Search such as “ignore radius if address field is blank” which can help with this as well.  These options are documented in the online docs pages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.