Tweak search radius for each dealer?

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tweak search radius for each dealer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christian 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Christian
    Participant

Is there an add-on that allows you to tweak the search radius for each dealer? For example: right now I have the Radii option set at (20), 40 in order to limit the amount of results that pop up for a customer. This works just fine for a large number of our locations – – but we also have many remote locations that need a larger radius in order to be found. Is there any way/any add-on that allows you to tweak remote locations to increase the radius in order to be found?

http://www.floeintl.com/marinedealers

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Christian. I don’t know that any add-ons do exactly that. The radius is measured from the search entered, so a location is either within the specified radius or outside of it.

Tag-along may provide some helpful features.

With it, you can assign categories to your locations.  You can then create category-specific maps on  your site.

Christian
    Participant

Thanks, Aaron. All worked out in the end – first, I limited the search to only show 3 results, then I increased the search radii to 150 miles and hid the “Search by xxxx miles” button. In this way, even our most remote dealers are picked up by 99% of all zip code searches while not having to show every single dealer that exists. I was able to do this with the ProPack and Enhanced Search add-ons. It’s not a ‘perfect’ solution, but the SLP plugin is light years better than what he used to have so all in all it works great. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.