Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded main.js:1

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded main.js:1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

happilyawkward
    Participant

Hello,

Two updates ago, I saw that my map was all gray (a problem I’ve read about in your troubleshooting section indicating a javascript issue) and found this error message in Chrome: “<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded main.js:1″</span>

Interestingly, I have a development site that has an identical set up within the same environment, and that site has no issues at all after updating. This makes troubleshooting a little tricky because it’s not possible to have the locator on the main site down for any extended period of time. Forcing JavaScript seems to work, but that’s not ideal. I’ve since rolled back to SLP 4.2.36 and it’s currently working again. On a side note: the issue doesn’t seem to occur when using Firefox.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi happilyawkward: Do you have a locations page that you can share (even though its not showing the error)? The dev site is not identical or it would have identical  behavior. If you can share both URLs I might be able to figure out what the difference is. This is an ideal troubleshooting situation because if there is only one difference between the two sites, you will have have isolated the cause.

Since this seems like an error happening inside Google maps when its drawing, it can be specific to the data (locations in database, search area, zoom level etc.) so having those identical will help duplicate the problem. I see that a bad longitude number for example could cause the error.

happilyawkward
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay. The URL for our live store locator page is: http://www.tttux.com/find-a-store/ (this is the one using version SLP 4.2.36). Our dev site is password protected. May I send that to you privately?

Thanks again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  happilyawkward. Reason: removed unintentional styling markup

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@happilyawkward – send the dev credentials to info@ or via the contact form.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.