UPDATE BREAKS MY SITE !!!!! (resolved SLP 4.2.48 + ER 4.2.06)

Home Forums Store Locator Plus UPDATE BREAKS MY SITE !!!!! (resolved SLP 4.2.48 + ER 4.2.06)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Heath
    Participant

just installed the latest updates for this software and now my map is empty. Nothing is returned when doing a search.

Store Locator Plus Version:4.2.43
    Enhanced Map:4.2.03
    Enhanced Results:4.2.03
    Enhanced Search:4.2.08
    Pro Pack:4.2.08
    SLP Base Extensions:4.2.43

WordPress Version:4.1.1
    Site URL:http://recoveryplaces.org

MySQL Version:5.6.21
    PHP Version:5.3.28

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:78 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:100M

Sebastien
    Participant

Hi,

Same problem here. If that is of any help, these are the warnings I get:

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

slp.js?ver=4.2.43:932 SLP server did not send back a valid JSONP response for csl_ajax_onload.

2slp.js?ver=4.2.43:932 SLP server did not send back a valid JSONP response for csl_ajax_search.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@sebastien – what is your site URL?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

@Heath – can you provide me an example to search and see the error?

Heath
    Participant

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I had to get my host to put all the files back to where they were Sunday morning. i.e. before updating the plugins.
    Not sure how to progress this now.
    I didn’t actually see any errors at the front end (not sure how to see any at the backend if there are any).

I rebuilt this site from scratch under a new domain. I could try and replicate this on the old site or I can simply give you admin to this one and let you update it and see the results?.

If you searched HX1 as an example, that should show results.

Heath

John
    Participant

Same here. Results are not shown. No php error messages, as we’re using united internet host (1&1).

Store Locator Plus Version:4.2.43
    Add-On: Ergebnisse:4.2.03
    Add-On: Pro:4.2.08
    SLP Base Extensions:4.2.43

WordPress Version:4.1.1
    Site URL:http://www.eagle-documents.de

MySQL Version:5.1.73
    PHP Version:5.5.22

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:33 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:10M
    PHP Modules:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  John.

Heath
    Participant

Hi Lance,
    I can confirm going through the same process breaks my old site too. I have disabled the re-direct so you can take a look: http://ukrecoverymap.com/map/

I hope this helps.
    Heath

darrenaodam
    Participant

I have the same problem, was asked to update due to redundant code and I don’t get any results on a search. If I turn off Enhanced Results I do get results but my featured locations don’t load after a search… I may have to roll eveything back which should be fun…

WordPress 4.1.1

Store Locator Plus
    Version 4.2.43

Select Store Locator Plus : Enhanced Map
    Version 4.2.03

Select Store Locator Plus : Enhanced Results
    Version 4.2.03

Select Store Locator Plus : Pro Pack
    Version 3.11.004

darrenaodam
    Participant

The message that promted me to update:
    The create_SimpleMessage method is no longer available.
    It is likely that one of your add-on pack is out of date.
    You need to upgrade to the latest Store Locator Plus compatible version or downgrade the Store Locator Plus plugin.

I have rolled all my plugins back and all works again…

Corbae
    Participant

Adding my voice to the string. I’m having the same issue. Everything “looks” correct, but the site returns no results.

• Store Locator Plus v4.2.43
    • Store Locator Plus: Enhanced Results v4.2.03
    • Store Locator Plus: Pro Pack v4.2.08
    • Store Locator Plus: Tagalong v4.2.03

Turning off Enhanced Results gets the search/results back.

Heath
    Participant

Yeah, turning off Enhanced Results gets the search/results working again. I have left it turned on so Lance can take a look. http://ukrecoverymap.com/map/

On rolling back my other site, I can now see that there is an update available for SLP (current 4.2.42) to 4.2.43 and SLP Pro Pack is actually Deactivated. Is this normal? Just thought I would add that, hope it helps diagnose the problem.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Any of the add-on packs will deactivate if the base plugin is not a high enough version to support it.    Newer add-on packs often work in tandem with newer versions of the base plugin.

I am testing the Enhanced Results issues.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Upgrade to ER 4.2.04 and report back here if the issue is not resolved.

Heath
    Participant

Thanks Lance,

The search is working however, the Featured listings are no longer highlighted as before.

Heath
    Participant

Is there any acknowledgement of the Feature Listing not working as before? Is there a fix on the way?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Some people have reported the issue. I am investigating.

Heath
    Participant

I have just found out (by accident really) that this has been fixed….. days ago.

How am I supposed to get update notifications if one of the updates breaks the site and therefore I can NOT update it.  The WP Interface will no longer notify me that there is an update to fix the previous update.

I don’t do twitter or RSS feeds :/

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The inline update system has been revised over the past week and should be working now.  As long as you have SLP updated to 4.2.48 the inline update notifications should be online.   The update system for the premium add-on packs is managed by the base plugin which makes it nice for getting updates for a broken add-on.

HOWEVER, if the add-on pack breaks the admin interface completely, which is extremely rare (I do test all plugins when an update is released) you will need to manually remove the add on and install the latest version after downloading it from this site.

Also, the notifications are in the Store Locator Plus / Info tab under “plugin news”.    Check the article headlines there for the recent update notices.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.