update geocode with online command

Home Forums Store Locator Plus update geocode with online command

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrice 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Patrice
    Participant

Hello,

Do you know if we can update all geocode with a online script (https://mysite.com/wp-admin/script-to-update-geocode.php)

I want to create my store data directly into the wordpress database / table wp_store_locator then update the geocode by a online command or bash command or cron….

Thank you

gtm1ldy

Hi Patrice,

Couple of options that I have used to accomplish exactly what you are doing are:

1. After import to table, open SLP locations, change the display to 10,000 locations followed by checking the box next to bulk actions so that all are selected.  Lastly, select Geocode from the dropdown and apply.  This should geocode all locations for you.

2. Prior to import, use a free online service to geocode the locations and then import.  Something like Batch Geocode.

Hope this helps

Patrice
    Participant

Thank you very much gtm1ldy but this not what I’m looking for. I do not want to have to interact.

When you save an address in Store Locator Plus you are using a script somehow, this is what I would like to use. If I have the script I can run a cron or a command line to fire it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.