Warning msgs after upgrade to SLP4 4.3.13

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Warning msgs after upgrade to SLP4 4.3.13

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lisa
    Participant

I just updated my staging environment on WP Engine hosting and I’m getting the following Warning messages:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (13) in /nas/wp/www/staging/tileroofing/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-interface.php on line 111

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /nas/wp/www/staging/tileroofing/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-interface.php on line 111

The plugin seems to be working OK, but the messages are annoying. I won’t upgrade my production site until I know what they mean and how to fix the issue.

My staging site: http://tileroofing.staging.wpengine.com/find-contractor/

Environment:

WordPress 4.3.1, Canvas Child Theme, Canvas 5.5.7

Store Locator Plus & Add-ons

slp4 4.3.13
    em 4.3
    er 4.3.01
    es 4.3.01
    janitor 4.3.01
    pro 4.3.02
    tag 4.3

I’ve uploaded a picture of the warning. I had to copy and paste it to see the full text. I appreciate any advice on how to fix it.

Thank you,
    Lisa J.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Just by reading the warning message, it appears to be from your theme, that is not from Store Locator Plus.  Review the below link, scroll down the page for different Debugging tips and tools.

Troubleshooting Doc

Cici
    Keymaster

Lance Post about WP MySql

Also read the above

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks for the links. I should have noted that the warning messages only show up on the SLP4 pages in the WP dashboard, so I’m thinking it has something to do with SLP?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,
    A common assumption but that is not necessarily true. Those messages are specific to canvas . my SQL and WP.
    Read some of Lances posts about the MySql issues , also check the jquery version of canvas. Can you use the debugger or Inspect element and see what jquery version Canvas is using, I would contact them if you continue to see the issue. SLP uses the latest jquery versions as advised by Wp best practices.

See the forum post here jquery and themes

(Basically it says) Some plug-ins, sites, or themes, were using older JQuery versions and call backs were forcing jQuery to run old outdated versions which then prevented and caused loss of functionality when updating to the newer SLP version releases updated. Store Locator Plus uses jQuery to process data and is heavily dependent on this core feature in WordPress and SLP. The correct fix should be done by requesting the authors of those plug-ins using the outdated versions to change their code.

lance.cleveland

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.