WPML String Translations

Home Forums Store Locator Plus WPML String Translations

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Piani 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Emily
    Participant

I’m using Store Locator Plus along with WPML. I’ve managed to translate nearly all of the strings I need, but one of them won’t show up.

If you go to http://rivulis.com/locate-a-dealer-test-2/?lang=fr you’ll see that everything is in French except for the sentence at the bottom (“Enter an address or zip code and click the find locations button.”) I’ve tried translating that multiple times (see attached), but it never seems to update in the front end.

I’ve tried deleting the string and scanning the plugin again, but that doesn’t do anything. I do have a caching plugin (WP Super Cache), but I’ve cleared that multiple times to no avail.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Emily, Please provide your PlugIn environment as requested in posting guidelines so we can better assist you, also, not sure what your screen shot is reflecting but if you use the SEARCH FORUMS and enter keywords  you will see the developers reply to the user “Dominik” on this subject matter.

Also please refer to SLP 4.3.06 and WPML article

Emily
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the prompt response. I’ve attached a screenshot of my plugin environment.

I reviewed the announcement about 4.3.06 and the thread Dominik started. While I agree that the situation sounds similar, it may not be exactly the same. Dominik is having issues with the search button–I haven’t had any issues translating that.

Also, I understand from the video that the text domain needs to be updated. Is this something that happened automatically when I updated to the latest version of SLP? Or is it something I have to do manually? I wasn’t clear on the process from that video.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Emily,

I believe you will have to do it manually.  The video was showing what needed to be done. If you need help to explain  the process better, send an email in contact form and I will see if Lance can explain it better.

I do not know a lot about the translations. Another source that might be able to help you , is another SLP forum community member  Piani.  He posts in the forum quite often and has done a lot of translations. Perhaps he can help provide insight if you reach out to him.   He has a recent post on “Zoom adjustment”,= if you want to reach out to him and provide the link to this post.

Piani
    Participant

Yes, you need to do it manually for now.

The reson for WPML issues is that WordPress is making a major change for the better. Lance have adjusted SLP to mach these changes and thats why some translation is broken for the moment and that can cause other small errors.

Instead of using plugins or coding all translation in WordPress is going to be handled online in WordPress own database. That means instant access and better translations over time.

This project is started and up running for the core and some plugins already. SLP is expected to be added in the near future and WP have set a timeline to get all plugins added within 3 months.

All that are helping with translations login at WP site and start translate as soon they added SLP.

Read more here: New WP translations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.