Where in the world?
We’re in the world!
Enhancements, patches and changes have been made to Store Locator Plus in version 4.3.20.
The extended data systems have been improved with several “corner case” issues resolved for users that are migrating data to new systems or creating a fresh install of location data within a new system. In some cases, the extended data was not being correctly saved to the locations table. Another major focus in this update involves language translations. A number of bug fixes included the setting of the default labels for fields such as “Email”, “Hours”, and “Fax” to non-English values when performing an initial install in a non-English language. This should assist our international customers in managing their SLP data. Another feature that has been added is the “fallback” latitude/longitude to provide a better location than 0,0 (which is off the coast of Africa in the middle of the ocean) when Google query is offline and comes back with “no results found”. An explanation of the Google MAP API is discussed in previous blogs in the SLP news.
SLP 4.3.20 Highlights:
- Enhancement: Use Language Translations for the SLP INFO tab that includes the Plugin Environment
- Enhancement: Use Language Translations for the back end under Experience/View/Settings
- Enhancement: Google Geocoding fallback to a specified latitude/longtitude when Google query is offline
- Fix: Data extension fields not importing when imported for the very first time. (Note: Import features only available to ProPack users)
- Fix: When importing call to the special identifier field in Contact Extender
- Fix: When updating an existing location and the address does not change, make sure that lat/long is retained.
- Add: Hide SLP menu in the WP admin bar if user does not have manage–slp–admin capability
- Fix: Load the proper default language settings for data driven default strings
- Fix: Rename the language files to match the Translate.WordPress.Org standard of ‘store-locator-le’
- Change: Swedish, Dutch and Azerbaiijani(Turkish) translations come direct from the WordPress Plugin Translation updates instead of the store-locator-plus.mo directory.
Contact Extender 4.3.01:
- Fix: Special identifier field matching to work with external database identifiers when imported
- Watch the author/developer’s tutorial video and commentary regarding Store Locator Plus update to version 4.3.20 and Contact Extender update to 4.3.01. If you have any questions regarding this update or any SLP products, please be sure to sign up for the free support forum. As always, we appreciate the SLP community and forum users who provide us with their plugin environment and details when posting.