I hope everyone is enjoying the balmy summer weather. The developer and author of Store Locator Plus has been very busy with updates in preparation for meeting his MYSLP team. I am sure he will have some interesting stories to tell when he gets back. He hasn’t been idle! While pond hopping he managed to revamp and publish Store locator Plus 4.5.10, which we hope provides better information on how to actually get that pesky Google API, browser , server console key or whatever they are calling it these days, into the right location in the SLP General settings. Thanks to a user question, apparently the linked instructions under the SLP INFO tab may not have been as user friendly as hoped.
The Power Add-on and Premier Add-on were not playing nice together when it came to icons and map markers assigned to the Category Manager and settings. Thanks to a recent Premier Subscriber for revealing the mismatching icons issue and for patiently working with SLP while it was resolved
Stay tuned for a future update; I am hoping this will help us all keep our versions straight,( this blogger included who has told people to update to a non-existent version of an add-on, causing mayhem and confusion in her wake) has been requested from numerous loyal customers. Yes, you asked for it , he heard you, and coming to your account dashboard in the not too distant future, being able to view the version add-on that is available to you under your account downloads.
In the meantime, please check your versions under the Support tab on the home page.
Change Log for SLP
- Faster Map Rendering.
- Add support for results interaction with add on packs.
- Gracefully capture invalid REST API requests for smart options that do not exist.
- Highlight related settings when hovering over a setting.
- Update to plugin style manager to stop dropping/duplicating style files.
- Add hooks and filters to allow add ons to extend the Plugin Style headers.
- Add Serbia as a supported country.
- Add on updates now fire after SLP has been initialized. Required for inline Premium Plugin updates.
- Fix bug when turning on Show Map Togle with Enhanced Map or Experience Add On.
- Drop support for Pages add on older than version 4.4.04.
- Drop support for Enhanced Search older than 4.4.
- Update Experience admin tab to slug-based system allowing add ons with incomplete languages files to render settings on the tab.
- Speed up smart options loading and initialization.
- Add a REST endpoint for reading smart_option values from SLP for add ons and 3rd party services.
- Fix the subtab menu selection after saving settings.
- Zoom Tweak default level of 0 is allowed (instead of -10).
- Update the Plugin Style sidebar display.
- Enhance the settings sidebar display.
- Fix the Plugin Style layout modifier that broke with the 4.6.2 release.
- Clean up the main menu tabs so they don't wrap over the subtabs.
- Fix the __isset() magic method in smart options to ensure empty() fires the add on hook and filter to catch option updates/pulls as they happen.
- Show admin help settings in a new sidebar to make it easier to see what each setting does.
- Show location details preview in right sidebar on manage locations page.
- Start adding links to direct documentation pages for various settings.
- Utilize a URL manager to make it easier to find and fix outdated URLs in future releases.
- Implement a new slp_get_text_string filter for add ons to manage text strings.
- Make more of the hard-coded gettext strings accessible to the text manager.
- Don't load the SLP overhead on the WordPress admin heartbeat since we don't do any heartbeat processing. Wouldn't it be nice if all plugins did that?
- Multisite installs - upgrading SLP fixes "not an array" error that would cause white screen on upgrade for sites using WP 4.6+
- Fix stripslashes_from_strings_only() undefined function for sites running old crusty WordPress (you really should update to WordPress 4.4+ for security reasons if nothing else).
- Recalculate initial distance for all locations on global center map at change.
- Update the WP Plugin directory links, they moved stuff.
- Experience will need to be updated to 4.6.2
- Performance update: Drop adminUI create_InputElement() method. May break pre-4.2 Add Ons, upgrade to latest release.
- Performance update: Drop unused 'slp_navbar_item_tweak', 'slp_navbar_item', and 'slp_navbar' filters.
- Allow add-ons to load JS on a per-admin-tab basis. Reduces browser overhead and memory footprint on admin pages.
- Simplify and improve the new option manager. More consistent option handling, more security option management, better performance.
- Add a simplified object builder for add ons for lower memory consumption.
- Checkbox on/off validation for all add ons - fixes instant checkbox saving on admin panel for some add on options.
- Expose various internal methods for the MySLP SaaS service.
- All language files are now pulled from the MySLP website.
- Missing translations? See MySLP and add your translation updates there.
- Manage Locations now has fast delete on single location delete icon.
- Provide mechanism for add ons to serve per-admin-page specific JS.
- If there is a newer version of an active SLP add on report it on the plugins page.
- Corner cases on location ID validation. Fixes the MySLP assignment of categories on add locations.
- Fixes the duplicates handling on location import.
- Smart/fast option saving for add on packs including MySLP import options.
- Fix the onchange trigger on admin form drop down menus allowing for smart/fast option saving on drop down menus.
- Eliminate the duplicate dialogue boxes on manage location bulk actions.
- Zoom Adjustment set to 0 (was 1 for older Google Maps implementations). Only for new installs.
- MySLP and MySLP add ons must be upgraded to version 4.5+.
- Only show survey request on SLP dashboard pages.
- Security Patch: Fix XSS on location management admin tab with start parameter.
- Better messages and links for add ons disabled for compatibility.
- Update the How To Use with better instructions for getting a Google API key. See our MySLP
- Update Brewery Plugin Style to Rev 03 for better compatibility with MySLP
- Update How To Use to make note of the requirement to get a Google Maps API Key since June 2016.
- Add the Google Server API Key setting to the Info tab if it has not been set.
- Add a new slp_report_query_result hook for better results reporting on location load/search.
- Labels and messages can be set to blank.
- Performance improvement on extended data field processing.
- Add filters slp_radius_behavior_description and slp_radius_behavior_selections to allow add on packs to extend radius behavior options.
- AJAX location search now supports multiple disparate search queries for extended add on search features.
- Updated MySLP Plugin Style.
- More file path changes to attempt to work around PHP symlink quirks.
- Radius Behavior is a new base plugin setting set to "always_use". The MySLP and Experience](https://www.storelocatorplus.com/product/experience/) Add Ons extend this setting.
- Dropped slpplus.initOptions() support. Some older SLP add ons may be deactivated and require an upgrade to a newer version.
- Dropped slpplus.is_Extended() support. Some older SLP add ons may be deactivated and require an upgrade to a newer version.
- Dropped slplus.register_addon support. Some older SLP add ons may be deactivated and require an upgrade to a newer version.
- Dropped slplus.versionCheck() support. Some older SLP add ons may be deactivated and require an upgrade to a newer version.
- Added query_slug to slp_location_filters_for_AJAX filter. Default slug is 'standard_location_search'.
- Added query_slug to slp_location_having_filters_for_AJAX filter. Default slug is 'standard_location_search'.
- Added query_slug to slp_ajaxsql_fullquery filter. Default slug is 'standard_location_search'.
- Added query_slug to slp_ajaxsql_queryparams filter. Default slug is 'standard_location_search'.
- Added query_slug to slp_ajaxsql_results filter. Default slug is 'standard_location_search'.
- Add slp_ajax_execute_location_query_start and slp_ajax_execute_location_query_end actions for AJAX query handling.
- Updated symlink path testing.
- Add layout support for 3rd party buttons for UML/GFI add on.
- Improved WPML support.
- The Google Map now responds to changes in the WPML selected language on the user interface.
- Drop find label button support for legacy Enhanced Search versions prior to 4.3. Will need to upgrade ES to 4.4+ or use MySLP.
- Drop defunct getWPMLText() function, may require legacy add ons to be updated to latest version.
- Drop the unused slp_generalsettings_modify_adminpanel filter.
- Drop the slplus->addons property. Make break older legacy add on packs. Upgrade the add on packs to version 4.5+.
- Drop CSVImport base class. Pro Add On and Tagalong Add On will need to be updated to version 4.5.07.
- Search Form Radius selector label is assigned a class of 'empty' or 'text length_<#>' where <#> is the number of characters in the radius label for easier CSS formatting.
- Search Form Input boxes now have a class assigned based on whether or not the label is empty. label_empty and label_text make it easier to change the input width based on whether or not a label is present.
- Updated Twenty Sixteen Plugin Style to Rev 05. Leverages the new label and input CSS rules.
- Restore Store Pages to sidebar menu when active.
- Add on framework no longer preloads csl-script (slp.js) when loading the userinterface.js files.
- Add a slp_radius_selections filter for Experience add on to augment radius selector drop down with a first entry.
- Reduced overhead on admin pages.
- Extended Data display on add/edit locations addressed for older extended data manager installations.
- Fix blog switching error on multisite installs using Network Activate.
- Turn off SSL validation of peers on the update server. If your server's SSL cert is expired/invalid the version check on add on packs will now run anyway.
- Save changed to default country conversion to the CCTLD as the slug.
- Delete location fully on first attempt when Pages add on is active.
- Do not run upgrade of settings overhead when deactivating the plugin.
- Multisite installs with Network Activation on the SLPLUS plugin properly migrates all subsite options to the latest release.
- Add support for add on pack Apply To All actions
- Fix private property warning on upgrade.
- New filter slp_extended_data_update to be triggered any time extended location data is being updated.
- Eliminate duplicate data save call when updating locations with extended data.
- Add a popup notice when the reset manage locations button finishes processing.
- Locations / Manage display drop down now warns if you select more than 500 locations at one time.
- Locations / Manage display is now an instant-action drop down.
- SLP records the active version of jQuery running on the UI on the page with the [slplus] shortcode.
- Manage Locations Apply To All button allows actions to run on all locations for addons that are SLP 4.5 aware.
- No country index 'unitedstates' on Country Manager when installing in some languages.
- Fix Italy CCTLD to 'it' was incorrectly set to 'il'.
- If the language translation file for the 'km' setting was not done consistently the km distance calculations would be incorrect.
- The 'miles' and 'km' setting for the search form radius setting has moved to the Text Manager class for consistency. Non-English installs will need to update their translations at the MySLP site.
- If you create a new translation set for Store Locator Plus for the following languages, please notify email@example.com: de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, ja_JP, lt_LT, pt_BR, sr_RS, zh_CN, zh_TW.