WordPress 4.8.2 was automatically updated on millions of websites worldwide yesterday. Some of those sites, including those using the Power add on for Store Locator Plus, lost functionality of some key features during the update. Today, our WordPress plugins Store Locator Plus 4.8.6 and Power Add On 4.8.6 have been released to address these issues.
For WordPress plugin users, you will need an active Premier Subscription to enable the new feature. It will also require SLP, Power, and Premier to be updated to version 4.8.4 or higher.
MySLP Enterprise level users will be getting these updates in the 17.10 upgrade to the service later this month.
In preparation for feature updates to our Premier (checkbox category selectors anyone?), Power, and Experience add ons, the free Store Locator Plus base plugin was updated to version 4.8.4 today. All of the updates including the premier add on features will be rolled out in MySLP 17.10 to our monthly service users later this month.
Back to the Store Locator Plus WordPress plugin update for those that like to have full control and manage their own software and websites…
The following updates have been made in Store Locator Plus 4.8.4:
- Fix apostrophe in description on editor.
- Fix admin page detector. Fixes category icon/marker selector for the Power Add On.
- Fix the admin pages related settings highlight.
- Clean up some of the admin locations interface elements. Use jQuery base dialogues from Theme Roller.
- Simplified object loader to reduce overhead.
- Minor performance improvement on admin page saves.
- Directory Builder no longer supported, it is part of the Power Add On.
- Experience 4.8.3 or higher is required.
- Dropped slp_save_map_settings_inputs filter.
- A half-dozen old-school style map markers (pin_red, marker, icon_entertainment, bubble_person, box_teal_airport, box_gray_house, arrow) have been removed. They can be added to WP media manager or a newer style selected in its place.
Share The Love. Get some swag.
Click here to learn more.